Thursday, January 7, 2021

SOLD

 We had a good walk this morning and for the first time since I got back from Gulf Shores, I was early and the first one at the meeting place. With the snow and ice it was taking me longer to get chores done than I budgeted but today I had plenty of time. We still have that beautiful ice. The pictures below were taken this morning as the sun was turning the sky pink.

Above is before we turned the corner to walk toward the cabin and below is as we walked into the pink.
We had above freezing today but no sunshine so the ice didn't melt very fast. Sarah posted some really adorable pictures of Hazel's puppies. They are now 3 weeks old and all doing well. These were the puppies born by emergency c section in the middle of the night.
They are Cavapoos and are all males and all spoken for. On our walk this morning for the first time since Joan left Leo followed us on the walk but then decided he must belong to me now as his owner has been gone so long.  He decided to stay at my place at the end of the walk instead of going home and was hopeful I would let him inside.
Emma was glad he didn't figure out how to go through the doggy door. 
Thankfully Joan will be home tonight. This afternoon Karin, Magda, and Isaiah were here working with the horses. I missed Magda riding Irish but she said Irish had a very good training session. Karin said she was right back where she left off last summer today and Magda got a very nice balanced trot on her.  Isaiah was working with Ripper when the people that wanted to come look at the Exiss 4 horse trailer arrived. I was able to get a few pictures of Ripper and Isaiah before needing to head out to show the trailer.
The people looked over the trailer and decided to buy it. They had me drive to CEFCU in Canton, IL to meet them there so CEFCU could write me the check instantly. That went well and I was home by 4:30 pm. The trailer was marked sold as soon as I got home.
They are going to pick it up tomorrow. It is kind of sad to see it go, this means we really are done showing and will probably never have to take 10 horses at once again but it served its purpose for the 5 years we had it. A very different picture arrived from the lady that bought Lola's 2020 filly. She had told me earlier that her black fur was much thicker and longer than the white fur and today she sent this picture to show me: 
 I think the white hair is like the Friesian coat, smooth and silky even in the winter and the black is like the paint coat so thick and long. The pictures below were taken when the filly was just 2 days old.

Has anyone ever seen this before? If she hadn't sent the picture I don't know if I would have believed it. I would love to hear from anyone else that has ever had this or seen it before. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment