Monday, January 4, 2021

Snow & Ice

 Well the snow didn't melt in fact we added to it with just a few flurries and lots of fog. Mark went out early to try to shovel but the ice was just too thick.

That is the clothes line draping down. 
The ice covered it first then the snow and on top of the snow is hoar frost from the fog.
He took a top layer off hoping the sun would come out to help melt the patio but the sun never came out today. Anna came this morning and the girls had fun sliding down our driveway.


Everywhere we looked was like a scene out of Narnia.
Above and below is our driveway.
Below is the red bud tree, in the spring it is a beautiful pink/purple, in the summer gorgeous green and now in the winter delicate white.
Below is the pond pasture.
A close up of some of the ice and snow covered trees in the pond pasture.
The girls start school tomorrow so this was their last free day. I asked Anna if they could come with me to feed Rhonda's cat and Joan's animals. We took a few pictures of the beauty driving over. Below is looking down the cabin drive.
The next picture is looking toward mom's house.
The alligator swamp is no longer looking like a swamp but a pretty pond.
We took care of the animals then asked Anna if the girls could come with me while I did my errands in town so they could tell me everything I missed these last two weeks. They didn't stop talking until I reached the downtown post office. They stayed in the car while I ran in to get the Berean mail. There is a LOT of Berean mail, almost a full tub. Hope we have helpers tomorrow. From there we drove to the Aldi on University. The girls picked out a pineapple to take to their house and I picked out about a hundred dollars worth of groceries. When we got home the girls unloaded the car then I put them to work chopping vegetables for the soup we made together. It was nice to have help.


The soup simmered for a couple hours and then we enjoyed the fruits of our labor. The girls said it was so good that they couldn't even taste those yucky vegetables. (the onions and mushrooms)
Anna picked them up and we sent some of that soup home with her along with the pineapple. I kept the wood burner going all day bringing in a couple loads of firewood. Mark was glad for the soup when he got home from work and I was able to freeze 2 gallons for later. I had to wear ice tracks to check all the horses and all are doing well. Mark added air to one of the snow tires on my car. It was an easy relaxed day for our first day home and I'm thankful. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment