Saturday, August 6, 2022

Home Sweet Home

 I was up early to finish yesterday's pictures of Elisabet's birthday party and evening wakeboarding, post them on Facebook and link them to the blog. Once that was done breakfast was cooked. After breakfast we all pitched in to clean the house and pack the cars.  The first group left around 8:30 and we were the last to leave at 9:00 am. We stopped for lunch at a Wendy's at noon then again for gas before we hit St. Louis. At that point Mark and I switched drivers so I could rest my eyes but opened them enough to get a picture of the Arch.

We made it home by 4:30 and was shocked to feel the heat. It was hotter here at home than in Missouri.  As soon as the truck was unpacked I went to work on the 5th wheel. While we were gone a man booked it for 6 nights and he is moving in TOMORROW.  He is coming for work so we won't be seeing much of him but what scared me was I didn't even know if the water heater worked. It does! All of the burners of the stove work and the oven works. The fridge, freezer and air conditioner were turned on then I drove to mom's to borrow Karin's carpet cleaner and beg a pound of bacon. While we were gone our tomatoes ripened and Mark wanted BLT's for supper tonight.  After supper I went back out to change the sheets on the 5th wheel, clean out the drawers, sweep the carpet. Mark got one of the big doors on the indoor arena opened and tomorrow morning before church will work on the other. While we were working out there we met our current airbnb guests staying in the apartment. They told me they are loving the place and have been taking long walks in the fields with their little dog. They live in a high rise in the city so were very happy with the quietness and space.  They are moving out tomorrow and our next guest for the apartment is moving in tomorrow. Thankfully Anna is willing to clean that.  I usually have it blocked off for Sunday's but was so busy with vacation plans I forgot to block this Sunday off and wouldn't you know both the apartment and the 5th wheel booked.  I'm really looking forward to crashing in my own bed tonight. There really is something special of home sweet home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment