Monday, January 3, 2022

Snow Tires

 It was below zero when we woke up.  Heading over to mom's this morning opened my eyes to the importance of snow tires TODAY. The Prius is such a light weight car that it is very important to use snow tires out here in the country. I couldn't even climb the smallest incline and had to park quite a ways from mom's and walk in.  East Peoria Tire was called and thankfully Jim told me to come on in. Of course I needed to give Valiant a square bale before leaving. It was a big fat ZERO outside when I left and the roads in Peoria were awful. Snow covered and icy. Cars were having trouble staying in the correct lane.  I slid through a stop sign going all of about 3 miles an hour and when I came to the round about by the post office about hit a car.  After getting the snow tires on the car stopped at every stop sign just fine. The Berean mail was picked up with no problem. Joan spent the night last night at mom's, Ruth relieved her around 7:30 then when Joan got all the kids fed breakfast and the school books loaded came back to mom's to stay until I arrived at 1:00 pm.  When Mark got home from work, Joan and Faith came back over to mom's so Mark and I could move a new bale in for Valiant then I headed back over to mom's. Uncle Johnny called, he and Aunt MaryLou are coming tomorrow to spend the night on their way out to Arizona.  

No comments:

Post a Comment