Friday, January 14, 2022

Bats In the Belfry

 As soon as it was light I ran up to the apartment to turn the heat up and the lights on for the guests arriving early afternoon then headed over to mom's. Mom had a bad night getting up every two hours which meant Karin had a bad night.  After breakfast mom went right to sleep and had a good nap for the rest of the morning then had a good afternoon working with Anna.  Mom did a lot of walking, pulling herself up and even balancing with no hands while standing. With Anna there I could head home. I wasn't very productive, I sat down on the chair and fell sound asleep.  The airbnb guests arrived and sent a text asking if they could use the wood burner and they found a bat in the kitchen sink.  Of course I was shocked, we have never seen a bat any where near the apartment. They wrote that they had taken it outside and sanitized the sink and were not upset.

I headed up with a load of wood and went in to get the wood burner started for them. They were very gracious about the bat and showed me the picture they had taken and were glad to share it with me. Now I would wonder if we had bats but have no belfry so there is no way we have bats in our belfry. Bats are beneficial but in Illinois they usually hibernate. I think the recent warm weather woke this one up and then it got stuck in the cold. I headed back over to mom's to relieve Anna.
Once Anna left she had another nap until Aunt Jinnie called. They had a good chat until Mark arrived with a delicious dinner.  
There was plenty for mom, Mark, me and even some left for Karin.  Ruth arrived just before 5:00 pm to relieve me. Sure hope mom and Karin have a better night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment