Monday, January 31, 2022

New Coffee Maker

Mark and I brought a quite a few loads of wood in this morning before I left for mom's.  When I arrived mom was already awake but not yet wanting to get out of bed. Joan reported she had a good night sleep but they cut WAY back on the muscle relaxer and have just been pushing liquids. Karin picked up some pedialyte to help regulate her electrolytes. Those muscle relaxers were doing way more than just relaxing her muscles. It was really messing with her mind. I told her it is like smoking marijuana but she heard, "she was smoking marijuana" and she wanted to know, "Who TOLD you THAT!"  Of course we all laughed.  We have to make sure she eats and drinks. The other good news is she walked twice today, to the table and back to her chair and hasn't complained of pain.  Joan got back at 8:30 am with the kids. They started school while I left for the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail. From there to TSC in East Peoria to pick up a 40 pound bag of black oil sunflower seeds for mom's bird feeder.  I checked out grain prices while there. The prices really have doubled for the same 50 pound bag. I didn't need any on this trip.  Since Cosco is only a few minutes from TSC I planned on going there for groceries but got there too early. They don't open until 10:00 am so decided to go to Sam's club for groceries instead.  I was glad I did. They had pork chops for $1.22 a pound and I also found some marked down chuck roasts and bought all that were reduced. Those were wrapped well and frozen for later. From Sam's I drove to Berean to drop off the mail and a fruit covered cheese cake. Only then did I realized I had forgotten to buy a coffee maker.  The one there quit working.  I'll just have to bring mine from home in the morning.  I ordered one this evening from Amazon and had to get an off brand (well a brand I've never heard of) as the rest were all more expensive. The coffee maker only gets used 1 time a week and this one had ok reviews.
It is suppose to arrive Feb 4th.  It was my turn to make dinner and spend the evening with mom and Karin.  Mark and Mackenson were working on the mowers in mom's garage so Mark joined us for dinner there. After dinner he asked, "do you always have such a good time eating over there?"  The answer really is yes. There is a lot of laughter in mom's house. Ruth came over after work and was thrilled to see mom up and eating.  She gave us an update on Fedi. He is able to handle the 3 hours of intensive therapy at Methodist and frankly is bored. With covid restrictions there are only 12 patients on his floor. So many empty rooms and Fedi loves visiting with people. Tonight I have to do an update on the convoy.  This is from a lady named Jennifer Loewen. She writes about it under the picture.  
Many people still don’t know what’s happening because the main media outlets are telling their own story.

"Last night in a private family chat, my Uncle Len shared this message, and I took a screen shot (I’m sharing with permission from him).

He owns a trucking company in Canada and has 4 of his trucks running in the convoy... the red truck in the photo is one of them.

These are the stories of the revolution that’s begun. I’ve never see anything like it.

In fact, I grew up in a trucking family in Canada, and my dad, father-in-law, and most of my extended family are all in the trucking industry, so what’s happening right now hits home for me!!! Who knew it would be the truckers to lead the way?"

~ Jennifer Loewen 


No comments:

Post a Comment