Saturday, January 1, 2022

Snow Storm

 It was really hard to get moving this morning. I awoke at 5:00 am but just couldn't make myself get out of bed until closer to 6:00 am.  The snow had not yet started but on the way over to mom's this morning I could smell the snow in the air.  I took them some of the prime rib from last night's meal for their lunch and stayed until Ruth showed up for the day.  The snow started up around 9:30 am.  Mark was busy getting all the trucks, tractors and skid steer on trickle charges as tomorrow it is supposed to be bitter cold. It wasn't long before the ground was covered with snow. The picture below was taken around 10:30 am as I was removing the bale feeder from Valiant's shelter. 

At 3:00 pm Mark went out to start plowing the drives.  I stepped outside to take a few pictures but the snow was still coming down.


At 4:30 pm I headed over to mom's.  Ruth had made a snowman on mom's deck and I took the pictures below as it was getting dark outside.

The snow is very beautiful but hopefully it won't last too long. It makes feeding much harder. The golf cart isn't good in the snow so I have to hike through it carrying the grain in a bucket.  Mark got my car and his car loaded with our snow tires. If the roads are good on Monday I'll try to make an appointment with EP Tire and Vulcanizing to have them put on.  I just got back from mom's the Christmas lights on the bushes outside our front door are gleaming brightly through the covering of snow and I thought they looked beautiful.
Pretty enough to leave up for a few more days.  Mark kept the wood burner burning all day.

The warmth is wonderful, especially after spending any time at all outside. Tomorrow I may even get both of the wood burners burning if the expected frigid air arrives. 








No comments:

Post a Comment