Thursday, January 13, 2022

54 Jan 13th

 Right after waking, the crock pot was turned off and the oxtail soup strained so the bones could be removed. After cooking all night the meat fell off the bones easily. 

The soup was put outside on the porch to cool. A load of laundry started.  I've fallen behind on that and had pretty much run out of long pants. I put on a pair of pajama pants that kind of look like real pants plus they matched my Horsemeister  T shirt.  At 7:10 am Karin sent a text that mom was awake. I grabbed my coat and headed over.  Mom did very well today.  After breakfast she rested so I could take her blood pressure which was just about perfect. 
When Rachel came we worked on the sit stand and hold at the bannister.

That was the first stand of the morning, the next few were even better.  She felt secure enough to let go of the bannister.
After the therapy Rachel was killing time waiting for her grandson to be born so I ran home to finish the oxtail soup and fry up liver and onions for dinner at mom's house tonight. By the time I got back to mom's the sun was shining brightly and the temperature was a warm 54 degrees. Perfect for sitting out on the deck while looking at the frozen lake. Mom started out with the blanket but soon asked for that to be removed. It really was that warm.
Studley was also enjoying the warm sunshine.
Diane arrived at 5:00 pm so I headed home to heat up the soup for Mark and also some liver and onions. I really enjoy that but Mark does not so he only ate a small portion of that then had an egg roll to finish up.  Tonight Mark had to hike up to the barn to check all of our license plates. We got another toll bill from Chicago and knew we hadn't been to Chicago.  The license plate number on the bill was not any of ours and then Mark remembered the 2011 truck at Meisters. Yep, this time it was not my bill.  The last load of laundry is now drying and tomorrow I won't be wearing pajamas over to mom's. She was sure I was WAY underdressed for the day. 






No comments:

Post a Comment