Monday, September 30, 2024

Another Trip to Elgin

 Early this morning the review came in from the family that stayed in the foaling apartment. I have to share it here as it was my grand daughter Braelyn who cleaned it by herself. Usually Anna checks it but was not able to this time. Check THIS out! Perfect place for families with children. The place was immaculate, spacious and simply lovely. We were very impressed by how large the space was with plenty of room for our 3 Children to spread out their toys and play. The huge couch was so cozy (and clean) for cuddling. For me, one mark of cleanliness is often the washer and dryer, which in many places have off scents from uncleaned lint screens and stinky detergents - not this one, even the washer and dryer were spotless (which we needed because my son puked all over my husband while we were out for the day) and I was so pleased they even provided laundry pods :-). Judith is super friendly and helpful. My children were thrilled when she gave them a tour of the property and introduced them to all the horses and gave them fun play ideas and just let them have freedom to feel home in the Property - it was an incredible experience for them. It’s very accurate to description -Privately she sent:  Thank-you so much for all your generosity and availability to us. All the horse pictures on the walls were very inspiring to my artist daughter and she is now working on drawing pictures of horses. My kids had a blast playing in the barn - thank-you for giving them (what is for us) the opportunity of a lifetime. If I were to add anything, Recently I’ve seen people put small things like Q-tips with the other toiletries and I find that a nice touch but certainly not a make or break type of thing. We were very happy with the place. I was recently having a conversation with some Friends about having to bring our own cleaning supplies and clean resorts/air B&B/hotels before we let our kids in cause cleaning has been a lost art. I didn’t feel the need to clean anything in your place before using it which is a big deal for me - so, good job! I also appreciated the Meyers dish soap option along side the dawn cause I personally hate the smell Of dawn- thank-you :-)

Not to brag on my grand daughter but she IS amazing and I'm thankful she is willing to work.

Mike sent the picture below off of his trail cam at Middle Grove.  This is not the first time a big Bobcat has shown up on one of the cameras.

We walked this morning and on our way back from Joan's house Spark and Rhonda stopped us with a gift for each one. 
Ruth took some over to mom's I took Spark with me to the barn. He used the truck to pick up Maria's patio set. Mark and I left for Elgin shortly after the walk. We went to visit his brother Jon who is on Hospice. This is our 3rd trip up and we are recognizing the way by now. Jon's caregiver met us at the door. They were waiting for us.
We visited until Jon got tired then left for home. We stopped at a Mexican restaurant and asked David if he would like to join us for dinner as Stephanie was with Rhoda at girls night. We still made it home before sunset. I checked on Leah at the cabin field her udder is starting to fill so she will be brought back here tomorrow. From there I went behind the barn to get a few sunset shots. God sure does paint the sky beautifully. How can one not see our Creator in the many beautiful colors?











No comments:

Post a Comment