Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Madiera In

 Both Mark and I went to bed early last night but we were both up by midnight. Our minds would not let us sleep. We had much to think and pray about after our visit in Elgin.  I ended up finishing the night on the chair trying to read. At 5:15 am gave up, got a cup of coffee and started the day. I had a family moving into the foaling apartment today so sent out instructions then worked on the website until it was time to leave for the walk. Fedi and Mark joined us today. Rhonda was driving out on the way to the jail as we were rounding the corner to her house. Fedi had just been telling us about an inmate.  Yesterday Ruth and Fedi were some of those radical protesters. They were each standing by an abortion clinic holding signs and praying.  We were telling Ruth about 75 year old Paulette Harlow who was just sentenced to 2 years in prison for praying outside an abortion clinic. Hopefully they won't get thrown in jail but if they do we will for sure send them a Bible.  We stopped in at mom's after the walk and were talking about the dock worker strike that happened this morning and how that will probably cause shortages. Ruth went right out to buy some coffee and Karin asked if I would pick up coffee for mom's house just in case. I left for Sam's club and bought coffee, the buns and chips for the hog roast along with plates, forks, spoons, napkins and more toilet paper and paper towels. Mark was just coming back from the barn when I pulled in and he was glad to help unload all the supplies. He used the floor scrubber in the barn doing the living area first then the gym. 

While he was working on that I pulled the round bale wrap out of Evan's and was just getting ready to wrap a new bale when Mark arrived. He helped move in that bale.
I still needed to move Leah and Oliver over from the cabin field so took the golf cart over to bring them back. They were glad to go back into Raven's old paddock with Madiera and her colt. The back gate was opened so they could go into the pasture.  Madiera went right over to Evan and started showing. I was so pleased as this is the first time I've seen her come into season since her colt was born May 25th. I pulled her out and got her covered by Valiant.
Since I'm not sure when she came into season I'll also need to get her covered tomorrow early if she is still in. Leah is starting to bag up. She isn't due for another 2 weeks so I'll be watching her closely. Mike and Diane were at Middle Grove yesterday and sent back a video and pictures of the horses coming down to the lake to drink.



I showed the Mini Max twice today and had other people ask about it. We got an offer but Mark didn't want to take the offer so we will see.  
At 7:15 pm I drove up to the apartment to make sure the apartment had the lights on for the guests coming in. The sun had already set but the sky was still beautifully colored.
Because of our hard night we will have an early night tonight. 





No comments:

Post a Comment