Thursday, September 12, 2024

New Computer

 I went out to walk but Ruth didn't show up, Diane is in Gulf Shores so Joan was sent a text that I wouldn't walk. Instead I went into the barn to start putting away the dishes I washed yesterday. We ended up with 54 of these containers. 

I also took pictures of the organized drawers. There are plenty of tongs, 3 sets of scissors, some grilling tools, rubber spatulas, and a can opener in this drawer.
The middle drawer has at least 50 sets of table knives, steak knives, forks and spoons. On the left side of the silverware are the pie and cake servers and in the front of the silverware are the meat forks and sharp knives.
The far left drawer holds measuring cups, lots and lots of serving spoons of all sizes and more steak knives. 
We really are ready for the hog roast. All are invited so save the date October 5th and plan on driving out to the Horsemeister farm for this event. Hope we have a big crowd, we have ordered a big pig. Today the camera was taken out to get some updated pictures of Oliver. Horsemeister is getting a brand new, easy to access, website soon. It is going to be a MUCH better professional website now that we have been in business for 22 years. I should have done this years ago but at least it is going to happen this year. Oliver was taken to the round pen. His buddy, Madiera's colt was not happy that he wasn't allowed in the round pen with him and was running around the outside of it showing off big time.
Oliver was very impressive, huge movement and big hair.


He was left in the round pen so I could take a few more pictures of Madiera's colt while he was still showing off.


When I let Oliver out they settled right down to graze together.


They really are best buddies. I left them out to graze for at least 2 hours then brought them back in the paddock leading Oliver first, then Madiera while her colt followed. I went back to the barn to kill flies, stepped in the gym and immediately was surrounded by flies. We are still killing flies from when the doors were left open last weekend. I decided to get one of the fly bait stations and put that in the gym. As I was carrying it in 3 flies landed on it so I'm hopeful it will work and work quickly.
At 3:00 pm Ruth and I stopped in at mom's for tea time with Karin. She had been working on a new portrait of Clayton but stopped to make us some ice tea.
Ruth and Fedi leave tomorrow morning for their big camping trip out West. They were telling mom about visiting national forests when mom told them, "they have new ones since I was there as a child." Joan quickly said, "they even have interstates to get to them now". Of course mom had to laugh at that. She has sure seen a lot of change in her 92 years of life.  When I got back to the house Mark was back from his hip therapy. Phil and Anna arrived then with a new computer. Phil installed it and I am using it now to write but still will need some help setting up the video program (I like Vegas Pro) and also will need to get the filezillow server so I can update the website. I've been trying to install it myself but think I'd better stop before I wreck this computer. Mark was too hungry to wait so we decided to drive to Gils Supper club and ordered a cob salad to share. I forgot to take a picture when it arrived but this salad is so big it is easily enough for 2 people. I've already taken my share in the picture below.
It was good and we left well satisfied. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment