Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Forgot the Day

 I checked the waterer early this morning. There was water in it and it was overflowing but not by a lot so I left it. After the walk though the mares must have bumped it as it was overflowing at full blast. I adjusted my wiring and got it to drip enough to slowly fill it. Ruth, Joan and I walked. When Ruth and I got to Joan's we had to stop to take a few pictures of her beautiful flowers. 

Hibiscus above and marigolds below.

Joan was able to get a mirror put on the cabinet door for the motorhome. It looks brand new.
Diane and Mike are on their way home from Gulf Shores. Mark left to drive the cement mixer back. I went to the barn to start the cleaning for the wedding this weekend. First though I needed to get the lift covered.
When that was done the 3 bathrooms were cleaned and the floors swept. The game room needed a lot of organizing and a good sweeping. Mark arrived just as I was finishing that.

Mark brought home a chicken from Costco so I stopped working for lunch. That really is the cheapest but most delicious meat that can be bought at this time. After lunch the horses in the field wanted to come in. They were done grazing and had lined up at the temporary fence.
Oliver wasn't happy being that far away from Leah and was running to get close to her in the picture above.

He was happy to stand next to her and graze.

Mark went to work removing the frames off the cement squares.
He put the waterer in place but it isn't yet hooked up,
At 3:00 pm I left to first drive to Raber's to make a payment on the hog they will be roasting on October 5th then to Aldi to get a few groceries and finally to the airport to pick up Aunt Jinnie. Her plane which was supposed to have arrived yesterday was cancelled, she was shuttled to Charlotte then missed her flight to Peoria and today trying to get from the hotel to the airport took over an hour as Trump was in Charlotte. Her plane was delayed but she made it by 4:20 pm. I went in to meet her and found Joan there waiting for Aunt Jinnie. I was pretty shocked. Joan had sent a text in the morning explaining she would pick up Aunt Jinnie and I had not read it. Aunt Jinnie was also surprised to find 2 of us girls waiting for her. I took her to mom's while Joan went to Aldi. Mike and Diane got home early enough that Mike was able to repair the waterer before dark. Tonight for dinner I made home made pizza. This had bacon, sausage and pepperoni, 2 kinds of peppers, onion, black olive and 2 kinds of cheese.
I piled every thing on as when it bakes it shrinks down. Mark really enjoyed it, we only had 2 pieces left over which will be good for lunch.
\This evening I sat down to start working on the blog and was shocked to find it was 7:00 pm on a WEDNESDAY. Both Mark and I forgot it was Wednesday and missed church. Thankfully it was just 7:00 pm and we were able to get on AC Central to watch the entire church service. Craig Stickling had the message on Joshua as he was giving his last message. Craig also talked about Felix Manz an Anabaptist martyr and how he died. It was a very interesting message. Click HERE to watch that. Crazy how we could both forget that it was Wednesday.












No comments:

Post a Comment