Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Cleaning Day

Before our walk Madiera and her colt were put it he outdoor arena and fed their grain. 

The colt loves that grain which should make it easy for weaning when the time comes. 
Madiera is low on the pecking order so the only way to make sure she eats the grain is to take her out of the pasture. Otherwise the other mares just chase her right off.  Ruth, Diane and I walked to Joan's and were joined by Berlica's cat. 
The field is growing well after that huge rain but when I checked the area Mackenson mowed for the wedding it looks fine. We will not need to mow that area again.
Joan's driveway looks like a used camper for sale lot. All 4 of the campers are back as are the 2 motorhomes.
Joan joined us today but when she walked out she turned around and went right back to get a jacket. It was downright cold this morning. 
Right after our walk Madiera and her colt were taken back to the pasture.  The colt saw me coming and ran to the gate to be let out first but I made him stand a few minutes to get some pictures. He really is noble looking when he wants to be. 

I didn't let him out instead went into the arena and took one more picture of him grazing.
Madiera was haltered then and he was a good boy following her back to the pasture. After that I 
went to work at the barn. The game room was given a good cleaning. The giant connect 4 game had to be thrown away. It was damaged beyond our ability to fix it. I thought maybe I could find a replacement on Facebook market place but all advertised were too far away. After finishing the barn I left to pick up the Bibles studies at the Berean office so those could be dropped off at church for grading. Since I was so far North and it was lunch time I got a hankering for fried chicken. Since we still needed milk I decided to go to Walmart on Allen road to pick up some fried chicken and a gallon of milk BUT... Walmart had no fried chicken. They did have some milk, not a lot, there were a lot of empty shelves but at least they had some. I bought a few bananas for 50 cents a pound and ate one of those for lunch. Crazy as I don't feel that old but we used to buy bananas for 10 cents a pound. Mom used to let us have them in milk with a teaspoon of sugar. Spark used to sing a song called Bananas and milk, bananas and milk a ruffy, tuffy cereal bananas and milk. and of course that was stuck in my mind as I came home with bananas and milk. Dan was at mom's this afternoon and brought FRIED chicken. Mark and I left for church at 6:10 pm. Craig Stickling had the message on  2 Kings chapter 5,  Naaman the leper.  He has a way of putting ourselves in the story. Click HERE to watch that. After church we went to Culvers and enjoyed a late dinner but delicious dinner. Of course hunger IS a good cook but the food really did taste good tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment