Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Funeral

Early this morning I saw the pictures of Anna's competition at cross fit. She won first place.

It was a pretty big group, we were really impressed. The picture below is of the helpers and winners.
This morning was Aunt Bernie's visitation and funeral. Joan and I met at mom's at 8:30 am so we could arrive about the time the visitation started. It was quite crowded already but we were able to get in and through the line pretty quickly. It was wonderful to see so many people and so many relatives. We heard lots of stories about Aunt Bernie and all good. Dave Obergfel had the funeral service, click HERE to watch that.  Joan was driving when we were in the line going out to the cemetery and that was quite scary. There were cars cutting into the line of cars not realizing it was a funeral procession. Mom asked Joan to hang on to the wheel chair so Joan was driving with her left and hanging on to the wheel chair with her right hand. Thankfully we made it to the cemetery with no accidents. The cousins sang Supper Time at the grave site. Spark, John and Dan went out to eat after, Rhonda sent back the picture of these 3 brothers of mine eating together.
After everyone left we drove the wheel chair van over to dad's grave so mom could see the new flowers Joan added when she was putting new flowers on Joshua and Gabriel's graves. We didn't arrive back to mom's until close to 2:00 pm. Jamie let me know Dewey passed away. He was a special horse person.  His real name was Clarence Dewey Christophererson. He was 94 years old and lived in Trivol. He came over when Jamie was going to buy Dakota just to make sure she was safe for her.  He had a wonderful reputation as an honest horseman and was respected by many in the area. His funeral is at 10:30 am on Friday Sept 20th, at the Davison-Fulton Bartonville chapel in Bartonville.
  Mark came to the visitation but then left for home and had been busy spreading manure and digging for the new waterer. Tim Meister was coming and Mark still had work to do before he arrived.


Tim arrived right after I had scarfed down some lunch. Mark took him up to the paddock on the golf cart.
They got it set while I was putting the mares out to graze.

I went back to the house to finish the last load of laundry. The horses were brought back in at 5:00 pm. I drove the golf cart out to the field. The horses saw the bucket and came to me. Leah is the only mare I need to lead, the rest follow her right into the paddock making it easy to put them away. Of course I have grain waiting in their buckets.
Leah is the boss and gets her choice of buckets. Oliver and Madiera's colt had gone over to the waterer for a drink but Leah thought he was assuming he could share her bucket. All she has to do is lift her leg and everyone moves.
She does not kick out, just lifts that leg. She finally realized he just wanted a drink and all was well.
After supper Marli, a neighbor who has hens let me know she had an abundance of eggs for sale. I told her I would take them all, drove out and picked up 11 dozen eggs. Of course I had to take a picture of her hens. She has more hens than needed but that's because she bought them at TSC when they were selling chicks for $1.00 each.  I really wanted to buy some then but am glad she got some and is willing to share the eggs.
I had just purchased 6 dozen eggs from Sam's club so when I got back I drove around the neighborhood giving 4 of those dozen to Joan, Karin took a dozen and Rhonda took a dozen. I kept 4 dozen of the new eggs at my place and took the rest to the barn. Those will be shared with family on Sunday. 










No comments:

Post a Comment