Saturday, September 14, 2024

Saturday's News

 I woke up to bad news. Mark was waiting in the kitchen with 2 coolers and told me the fridge was not  working. I did not want to deal with that until the first cup of coffee was downed. If I sing my attitude will change and it really did, not that I was happy to do the work but glad that it was only needing to be defrosted and glad we had the coolers ready for the food. I had everything out of it and the hair dryer running in probably 15 minutes or less. That gave me time to have another cup of coffee. That second cup got me motivated to clean the inside of the fridge now that it was empty. Once that was done breakfast was made and then it was time to go to mom's. When I arrived Karin told me mom wanted her to take her to a place to pick out a coffin. Karin reminded mom that she was going to Gulf Shores in October and vacations take priority over death. Mom agreed, she is not willing to give up her vacation. Of course the entire time Karin is telling me mom Mom is laughing hysterically. We ALL know how important vacations are in this family. Death will just have to wait. Of course when I told her if I write about this everyone will think we are terrible and right away she quips, "you ARE!"  That brought another round of laughter. She really does have a quick mind and a good sense of humor. She is doing a new Bible study by Francis Chan so we read the first chapter of the book and then read the first chapter of the workbook. This first chapter just seemed to go with David's last message in Washington on Wednesday evening so we watched that together.

We both really enjoyed the morning. Meanwhile Mark and Mackenson were hard at work digging the middle paddock automatic waterer out of the ground. Mark is going to install a brand new different kind of waterer. They were not able to get it out today, it was just too hot outside to work hard.

Joan took Berlica and Faith to the pumpkin festival in Morton to be with Nancy for the parade. She sent back this picture. 

 

She showed Nancy and Nancy said, "tell Judy to put it on the blog."  We didn't even know Nancy was aware of the blog so NANCY SUE MEISTER this is for YOU! They had fun watching the floats. The float below has on the horse Ribbon's bridle and Sarah's saddle.

When Karin got home I left to finish putting all the food back in the fridge and freezer. The fridge was down to 33 degrees and working well. From there I went to put the horses out to graze.  Today I turned Leah out with them. That worked well.
It wasn't long before all 4 were grazing together.

Below Mackenson is cleaning up so he could quit for the day. It was just too hot to work longer.
I checked the fly traps while I was out. They are working well, lots of flies in each one.
I shook one to check out how many flies were in it,.
The 4 mares in Ribbon's old paddock were grazing on a bale in the shade instead of grazing in the field in the sun.
Both Evan and Valiant were also lounging in their shelters in the shade.
The horses in the field were all spread out grazing. 
Leah needed a good roll in the soft grass.

It wasn't long before the two colts started playing.
The mares were brought in about 5:00 pm.  Yesterday I bought a rotisserie chicken and today I made chicken salad with the leftovers. Mark had that and later he wanted some steamed broccoli with a butter sauce and lightly salted. A double batch of brownies were made for tomorrow's meal, the kitchen cleaned up and the laundry started. I will be glad to go to bed tonight. Ruth sent back a couple pictures of she and Fedi's boon docking trip to Utah. They stopped at for a quick lunch break.
Later she sent back this: From the first view of the mountains to driving through tunnels and then setting up camp and making a hasty dinner about 7:30 pm Today was a good day.😊











No comments:

Post a Comment