Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Website Work

 It was a deliciously cool morning and when the horses were turned out the colts just couldn't settle down to eat, they had to play. 

Even Evan had to explode with joy at his freedom.


He ran over to the mare pasture to check if any mares were out. 
They weren't so he hung his head over the gate asking to be let back in once he was done grazing. 
Mark had a busy day cleaning out paddocks, dumping it in the manure spreader and spreading it on the fields.

Next he spread lime in the paddocks.
When cleaning Valiant's paddock, he was moved into the paddock next to his where he promptly went around smelling for mare manure and when he found some stuck his head way up in the air doing his giraffe impression to get that amazing smell way into his nostrils.
Dan came over and we worked on the new website. He didn't like my set up and is going to work on getting me a better work station. He left and I kept working until I realized I was hungry. It was 2:00 pm and I hadn't had lunch. That meant when Mark was ready for supper I was not. I made him a nice meal and decided not to eat anything until tomorrow morning. One of the things Dan wanted for this new website is face shots of the horses. That is much harder than it looks. I took some but am not happy with them other than  Evan's. Below is Valiant's. 

Jewel had some burrs in her forelock that needed to be combed out before her picture.
Madiera did not want her picture taken, she wanted to go back out so was impatient.
Oliver stood pretty well.
Madiera's colt was trying to stick his nose on the camera.
Leah was last.
There are still 3 horses here that I should do and about 20 at Middle Grove.
This evening we went to the fellowship hall to listen to one of Matt and Lisa's daughters giving an update on her missionary journey. It was VERY interesting but in a country that does not allow Christians so this night could not be recorded and will not be on AC Central. The fellowship hall was full, I think they may have run out of chairs but not sure about that as we were up in front. Gary Unsicker was giving away watermelons from his garden. He had quite a few so I took a small one and will serve that on Sunday. I had to tease him about how Bob and Jill's watermelon was much bigger. It was an interesting day.






No comments:

Post a Comment