Monday, September 23, 2024

Soft and Gentle

 We had a dreary day with a very light rain most of the day. It was so light, soft and gentle that the drops did not break the spider web on our patio. That web collected the drops as if to decorate the web with a million diamonds in hopes of catching some gold digging insect. This first picture shows how the weight of the water droplets were weighing down the web forming a bowl.

The picture below is looking straight down at the web.
The next picture was trying to get the underside of the web.
The last picture is a close up of the droplets.
I left early this morning to drive down to the Peoria post office and pick up the Berean mail. From there I drove to a gas station, then to Sam's to pick up coffee and cream for Aunt Jinnie (she arrives tomorrow) and then to the Berean office to drop off the Berean mail and 3 white mail boxes. It was interesting to see the Unsickers have the entire field by the office already harvested. 
They still need to harvest across the road. Almost no fields in Hanna City have been harvested yet.
I made it home around 9:00 am. The horses needed to be put out but first I wanted to put up another piece of electric fence rope so the horses wouldn't go in the barn. I tied it to the round pen then over to the barn adding 2 electric fence poles to hold it up.
The horses were let out and kept out until 5:30 pm. 
Mark was working on another project at the new barn. He decided as long as he is renting the cement mixer tomorrow he may as well have another pad to pour besides the pad for the automatic waterer. Below he is getting the form ready.
Below he is adding the rebar.
He drove into Peoria and picked up 28 of the 60 pound bags of cement for both of these jobs. My job today was to straighten up the gym, put the dishes away and collect all the garbage. I'm not going to do a deep cleaning until Wednesday and Thursday in case anyone wants to use the barn this week. We have a wedding scheduled for Friday and Saturday so I'll need to have everything done by Thursday evening. One of the jobs I needed to do was to hang some of the chairs back up on the wall and only when I tried to put one on the upper rack did I see that all of the chairs had been put up wrong. I only changed 4 racks so I could add the chairs that needed to be added. The rest will wait. Hopefully this coming wedding will realize how they are supposed to be hung. We started with 170 of the lifetime chairs and after a year of rentals we are down to 169. Not too bad considering the use. We don't know what happened to the last chair but perhaps it got broken and was thrown away. While in the gym I noticed the horses out grazing, stepped out and took the short video below. They are 4 pretty horses grazing on some pretty green grass in a pretty pasture.
When I finished at the barn it was time to start laundry at the house. That really needed to be done, there were 4 big loads. It isn't all Mark's, mine was just about as much. Last week was hot and we were working outside. Some of the days I had to change shirts more than once or twice depending if I was driving any where. One just can't go to town in a dirty stinky barn shirt. This evening while waiting for the machines I happened to find a short video I thought was interesting. The video is a just a bit more than 2 minutes and worth watching.













No comments:

Post a Comment