Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Wrestling

I took the car over for the walk this morning, it was only 19 degrees outside and too cold to take the golf cart. Mark had the fire going in the fireplace and I thought the smoke coming out of the chimney was picturesque. 

I asked Joan if she could stay with mom until I could get back from the Berean office as it was too cold for mom to go. Once I got to the Berean office it was obvious that was the right decision. There was no heat in that office. We worked with our coats AND gloves on. If you would like to read about our chilly morning there click HERE. I left there at 10:15 am drove straight down to Meisters to drop off the studies to be graded for Roanoke for Amanda to take to her mom then made it back to mom's by 11:15 am. Just in time. Joan had just called Faith to come over to help but since I was there she was able to leave. Mom was given the choice of either fried chicken or bbq ribs for lunch and she chose the ribs. That was a good choice. It was meaty and tender. For dessert we had a ginger cookie and part of an apple fritter. As soon as Karin arrived I left as I only had an hour at home before needing to leave for Forrest, IL. I arrived at the school at 5:00 pm but before heading into the school realized I had forgotten that they charge to get in to the games. I checked my wallet and found $2.00 but didn't think that would be enough. There was some change in the car but mostly nickels, dimes and pennies. That would have to do. When I walked into the gym the lady guarding the door told me it would be $6.00. Well I knew I didn't have that much so questioned her stating, I'm alone and am a senior and am here for the grade school match. Thank goodness that dropped the price to $3.00. She was a little surprised to get to crumpled up dollar bills then a bunch of change. I've got to remember to keep some money in my purse just for emergencies. The boys were all on the mat warming up when I finally got inside and found a seat.  Below Jack is in the front row. He had just seen me and gave me a bit smile.
From then on though he concentrated on the coach.
This is his first year of wrestling and each time he is improving. It was a long drive home for him though. He left the house at 7:30 am and by the time he was back home in Goodfield it was almost 8:00 pm. We had no internet at the school so as soon as I got home I had lots of texts to answer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment