Friday, December 29, 2023

Soaking Wet

 This was written yesterday Dec 28th. I just forgot to push publish.  Ruth and I walked at 7:30 am again. That gives us each a little extra time to sleep in. We only did one round. I left the house for Kroger at 8:15 am then drove across the street to Dollar General and finally to Aldi picking up prizes for the games on New Year's Eve at each of those stores and was home by 9:45 made a quick meal of scrambled eggs then made it to mom's by 10:00 am. I was going to take the golf cart over to mom's except when I walked out of the door it started spitting rain. The car was taken over. It wasn't long before that rain turned to snow. 


It wasn't cold enough for the snow to stick but it was pretty coming down.
Mom and I had an easy quiet morning.  We watched a series about the veterinarian called The Incredible Dr. Pol. While I was at mom's Mark was working first on the truck, sweeping the gym floor and did a lot of research. Tomorrow will be a work day. I have renters moving in both the barn and the foaling apartment. I still don't know how many beds they want me to set up but they wanted seating for 60. I sure don't have beds for that many so am not sure why they need so many tables set up.  The ground is now soaking wet. So much rain, everything is damp and the ground is saturated. It is hard to keep the horses out of the mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment