Saturday, December 23, 2023

Restful Day

 Mark wanted a ham and cheese omelet instead of sausage and cheese for breakfast but wanted me to add mushrooms and onions. He wanted peppers in it too but I was going to share the omelet and don't care for peppers so didn't add those.  Wow was it foggy this morning. On my way over to mom's I realized we could not see across the lake. Rachel's house could not be seen at all. Joan's was a blur off in the distance. 

The fog lasted all day. Last night Mark gave me 12 dodge balls at the Sceggel Christmas party so today I got them all pumped up and taken over to the gym. I also asked Mark if he would install the hanger for the ping pong paddles and balls as we have the Haefli Christmas tonight. We decided to put it up on the wall next to the basketball game. I should have taken a picture of it but this holds 4 paddles and 6 balls.  I have purchased 24 ping pong balls in the last 2 weeks but could only find 3 of them until I started checking under the couches. Each chair and couch was hiding balls probably from weeks ago but I ended up finding 9 more. I just left the 6 out and put the other 6 in the cupboard. Mark cleaned both of the vacuums out and was able to sweep up any of the gravel from when we pulled the wheel chair van inside the gym. When I left mom's I brought Thalia in to work on her neck and leg. She had an abscess on her neck from getting a splinter in. That had drained and needed to be scrubbed and cleaned with some hot water and betadine. She was good for the neck not so good for the leg. I'm going to need assistance when taking the bandage off. I think if I could find my twitch that would work.  Our guests coming in for the apartment send a text that they were lost. They didn't follow the directions I sent by airbnb and ended up at the barn. They said, "we ended up at something like a banquet hall."  I had to go rescue them and show them the correct barn.  They were just a little younger than I am and LOVED the decorations, especially the tree. They booked for 2 adults and 2 pets and was I surprised when I met the 2 pets. They were the smallest little Chihuahuas I've ever seen. I told them those don't even qualify as dogs.   
When I came inside Mark was taking a nap by the fire so I did too.
Those are my toes covered up by a blanket.
What a quiet easy day.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment