Friday, December 29, 2023

A Good Update

 I forgot to post yesterday's post. It was finished and saved but not posted until right now so today there will be two posts. Ruth brought Ryan, Ryan's dog and Fedi's dog on the walk this morning and both Ruth and I were impressed with how good Ryan's dog behaved. Well done Ryan! After the walk I asked Mark for help. Lea and Thalia were put in stalls and the twitch found. Poor Mark had no idea what he was walking into but he was willing. Thalia was actually well behaved as long as that twitch was on. The leg was unwrapped, cleaned off with warm water and betadine and wonder dust applied. It is healing very well. She is wet because of course it is STILL raining and even spitting some snow out.

Below is what is left of the wound.
The abscess on her neck was also treated. That has now popped so the pus was cleaned off and and scrubbed out. Sure hope that will be the last of that. The next job was to move bales. I wanted a new bale put in the middle paddock and Evan's paddock needed a new bale.
Above is the bale for the middle paddock and below is Evan's new bale.
It is a little tricky getting Evan's bale in but Mark got the job done.
When that job was done Lea and Thalia were put out in the back field. There stalls will need to be done tomorrow. I ran out of time today. It is too muddy to put Thalia in the middle paddock. We came in then for breakfast. After breakfast I went to the barn to start cleaning. Our guests were coming in this afternoon. Mark turned the heat on in the gym while I turned the heat on in the living area. I worked for a couple hours. When the guests arrived they were pretty thrilled. At 2:00 pm I needed to get some cash out from the bank in small bills to add to the prizes for the party and once back from the bank started wrapping the prizes. By the time I finished there were 75 prizes wrapped and ready for the games.
Karin called about then, mom wanted Chinese food for supper tonight so I took over 4 egg rolls and some chicken fried rice for their supper. We had a bowl of chili and a salad. A VERY nice message came in from the lady that owns Ciera. She sent this picture: 
The message was: 
The woman who I purchased her from had 2 Horsemeister Friesians that she owned. Ciara was too much, too big for this owner so was turned out. Ranch owner used her to haul hay for his cows. She was brilliant when I met her --- only two rides in 4 years (my son and myself) and I was impressed. She is still brilliant. You breed NICE horses I thought to breed her because I just don't think that I can find another mare this lovely ... thank you, thank you for bringing her into the world.
 Ciera is a Lily filly by Raven and a full sister to Rosalie. Each one of Lily's foals are truly amazing and I'm so glad I kept her 2022 filly Valerie. We will plan on starting Valerie under saddle in 2024 and hopefully she will be as easy to train as Ciera, Ayanna and Rosalie was!









No comments:

Post a Comment