Monday, December 18, 2023

Decorating

We awoke to ferocious winds and below freezing temperatures. Ruth cancelled the walk and I was glad. Joan still had Bill and Bethany's family so was not going to walk anyway. Joan sent a text to see if I would stay with mom until later this morning so at 8:15 am I drove over taking the car. It was just too cold to drive the golf cart.  Bill and Bethany along with their 4 came bringing a Christmas gift for mom and to say good-by. 

Daisy May loves animals and had to go right over to love on Miss Molly.

Sarah gave Joshua a whoopee cushion so of course we had to try it out and that made everyone laugh.
Joan arrived not long after so I left. Mark was waiting to take the horse trailer to Goodfield to see if Baumen's could order the broken part. The wind was still very strong but the truck is heavy and strong enough that we didn't get pushed off the road. Only because of the wind was the trailer company willing to look at the trailer. They had a cancellation from a man that was too worried about the wind to bring his trailer in. They took pictures of the broken part, got the part number and spent quite some time on the phone with different companies trying to order it. After about a half an hour we decided to leave and let them work on the problem. We got home around 1:00 pm and we were hungry. I took the car over to the barn, grabbed left overs from yesterday and heated us up some lunch. Anna was here cleaning the apartment so right after lunch I went up to decorate it for the guests who are coming to celebrate Christmas with their grandmother. Their grandmother lives in a retirement home in Hanna City and the grand daughter wants to cook a Christmas meal for her. I finished around 3:00 pm. I used Ruth's decorations from the Meister Christmas and started on the room with the sectional couch.
That just had room for one small tree, some greens and of course lights. 
I used the fruit bowl from my house for the arrangement on the kitchen counter. That had a Christmas bell, the red beads and of course lights. 
I used evergreens, bows a Christmas bell, lights and put a Christmas table cloth on the table. 
The desk held ornaments, a Christmas tree, garland of of course more lights. 
I didn't have an angel or a star for the top of the tree so used some poinsettias. 
Diane was giving away the silver tree skirt and matching stockings. Those were hung on the futon. 
Below is a short video showing the work done.
This evening my cousin's daughter sent the picture below of my dad and mom taken about 50 years ago.
Thanks Jessica!  She found it at MaryEllen's house. 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment