Thursday, December 21, 2023

Quilter Christmas Party

During our walk, Ruth, Joan and I stopped in at mom's. I still can't find my glasses so decided to borrow mom's green ones. She had 12 but we only took 10. Those were carried into the barn and left for later so we could finish the walk. Ruth needed to quit a little early to get to work in time so Joan and I only did one round. After the walk I went straight to the barn to finish setting the table. 

Joan went to mom's this morning then was relieved when Anna got there at 10:00 am. Joan had to see the orthopedic about her arm. After cooking breakfast for Mark, loading the dishwasher and getting the laundry separated and started I was back over at the barn by 9:00 am. The rib roast was put in the oven with a meat thermometer, the upstairs game room was straightened up and the gym balls picked up and put in the corner before going back home to start the carrots. At 10:45 am I went to mom's to collect mom and Anna and bring them to the barn. Aunt Jinnie called just then so we put the phone on speaker to make it easier to hear her. Mom was telling her about the Christmas quilter lunch so I took the picture below and sent it via text to Aunt Jinnie.
She asked us to send another picture when everyone arrived. At first only 6 arrived all in one car. Sarah arrived pretty quick after that and then came LuEllen and her sister. We added the 2 more plates and had 12 around the table. I didn't remember to take the picture until after the food was served.

After dinner Anna cleaned up while the ladies went upstairs to the game room to try out the batting cage. Leona went first.
Below is her cheering section.
Barb was next and got in a few good hits.
By the time we got back downstairs Anna had all the dishes done and the kitchen cleaned up. We all had a good visit on the sectional. Rhonda and Spark arrived. Rhonda stayed to visit but Spark took off as all the rest of the guests were ladies. After everyone left mom and I took Rhonda home in the wheel chair van. Karin was already home so I went out to back the van back into the garage then took the left overs to Anna's house. It was wonderful to have her help today. Mark was out working on wood. Not that we need anymore, the woodshed is still full but I'm doing my best to empty it. I started a fire this evening and both of us were relaxing in the rocker recliners while enjoying the heat.
The phone camera is not doing justice to the bright red embers and gold flames. Believe me the fire is a pretty to watch as the heat is to enjoy.  
Mark and I booked an airbnb for the first 4 days in August down by Montauk state park. We contacted the owner of the same place we stayed last year and he not only reserved it for us but gave us the same rate as last year. This house only has 3 bedrooms but it has 4 camper hookups so we can fit our entire family. Last year the grandkids really enjoyed canoeing and fishing in the Current River. The canoeing, the hiking the fishing are just some of the highlights this place offers. The trout are big and hungry.
We caught a bunch and fried them up for our dinner. The fire pit was well supplied with logs and we enjoyed cooking s'mores over the fire. All in all it was a good trip for the grandkids. As I had the evening free I did a quick search on AC Central and found Jeff Waibel spoke in Bluffton Sunday morning. This was a Christmas story unlike any I've ever heard. If you would like to hear and watch this message click HERE. I enjoyed listening and this message hit me pretty hard, I too was just like Balock once and wanted to go somewhere that I shouldn't. I argued with God telling him other people go why can't I go and finally decided I'm GOING...until I heard HIS answer, "You can go but I won't go with you." and just like that the Holy Spirit left. The darkness and emptiness was awful. I fell to my knees in repentance begging Him to come back and what was amazing about that entire experience was His Forgiveness. Not only did HE forgive me of my rebellion but I lost the desire to go my own way, the desire to go where I KNEW no Christian should go. I am so thankful for my Triune God, our Loving Father, The Son Jesus, the Holy Spirit and this amazing plan of salvation.









No comments:

Post a Comment