Thursday, December 7, 2023

Dancer Covered

 Ruth Diane and I snuck into Joan's house intending on visiting the invalid only to find her getting ready to come on the walk. She is doing great and ready to get back to work. She had lots of driving to do today. I needed to be at mom's early. We had sunshine and warmth 50 degrees this afternoon so mom and I had lunch out on her deck in the sunshine. Karin arrived just as we were finishing up. Pablo sent a text right after she got home that he would be at our place in 10 minutes. Mike was given a heads up and he pulled in right after Pablo. I had Dancer out and was teasing her and she was still showing but not as strong as yesterday so may be going out. Below is the stallion she was covered by: 


The video below was taken as he was walking up to the breeding stand and then after he got his job done successfully.
Pablo is going to bring him back tomorrow but I'm pretty sure she will be out by then. Diane called about then to ask if I could come to her office to do the bank rec for Horsemeister only I didn't have a car. Mark had it up on the lift. He changed the oil then put on 3 of the snow tires. The 4th was put on after he installed the new fender liner replacing the one that broke and we cut it off on our trip to Gulf Shores. 
I had to video the sparks as he was cutting off the rest of the old liner.
Since the car was  out of commission I went down to the house and stacked wood on the porch for the coming cold spell.
I ordered 3 more first aid kits and the supplies to go into them and put them together once the wood was done.
Now I have one for the apartment, one for the barn and one for the house. Each one has a thermometer, burn spray, antiseptic spray, triple antibiotic ointment, paper tape, a pair of gloves, alcohol wipes, hand wipes, a cold packet and lots of different kinds of bandages. I have 3 boxes of wound care kits for refilling but hopefully will never need to. Mark came in a little early for supper, just as the sky was turning the colors of a sun setting. I was out finishing the lights on the front bushes.
By the time I finished it was dark enough to snap a picture.
Dan changed the lyrics and added to the instrumental of the song One of a Kind so below is the new and improved version.
The website was updated. Lea who was supposed to have been due May 4th when we bought her is now due Oct 25th, 2024. Sheena who was confirmed in foal due in July is now due Nov 5th, 2024 and Dancer who was due in May IF she settles on this cover would be due Nov 19th, 2024. 












No comments:

Post a Comment