Tuesday, December 26, 2023

A Gift

 Yesterday I was sure tomorrow (today) was going to be Monday but when I woke up this morning I realized Joan is on her way to Gulf Shores that means today is Tuesday and I'm due at mom's. I sent a text to Ruth asking if she wanted to cancel the walk as we both had things to do after celebrating Christmas all day yesterday and she was more than happy to take the morning off. That meant I had plenty of time to listen to Jeff Waibel's Christmas message in Leo Sunday this morning. Click HERE if you would like to watch and listen. It was such a good message on the 4 ways God reveals himself to the world. Karin sent a text that she was going to be leaving later this morning so I didn't need to be there until 9:30 am. That gave me time to make Mark a nice breakfast. Since Mark missed our Christmas meal yesterday I heated up some of the prime rib and paired that with an avocado and sliced pepper. Not pictured was the slice of multigrain toast he asked for.

He is still not feeling well so this afternoon decided he should take another covid test just in case as the one taken on Sunday wasn't accurate. He ordered more tests through the internet but for today Ruth dropped one off and for the second time he tested negative. His symptoms are coughing and the feeling lethargic. He may have a low grade fever but hasn't taken his temperature. Mom and I had a good morning together. She was glad for the left over pizza for lunch along with a bbq wing and of course a Christmas cookie for dessert. Joan called when Aunt Jinnie was on the phone reading to mom. After they were done talking I told mom about how Joan left at 4:30 am and was already in Arkansas. Mom decided since Joan, Diane, Rachel, Beth, Dan are already there and Spark will be heading down soon that maybe next year she could go for the winter too. I had to agree that would be nice. Who knows what the future will be.  My airbnb guests ended up needing to stay until after 5:00 pm so I blocked off the apartment as there wouldn't be time to get it clean for a new guest. I'm going to Middle Grove tomorrow to check on the horses and see if they need new bales put in. Diane sent the 3 pictures below taken December 15th.


We have not had any really cold temperatures since they left and there is still plenty of grass. The grass here is growing and very green. Tomorrow the  high is supposed to be 45 so I will plan on going out in the afternoon. The next ten days are still going to be mild with above freezing temps everyday. Everyday above freezing here here is a gift. 



No comments:

Post a Comment