Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Invite For NEW YEAR'S EVE

 As soon as it was light enough outside I started working on taking down the Christmas lights. As it was still raining Ruth and I decided to wait until 7:30 am for our walk which gave me time to go up to the apartment and start removing those Christmas decorations. I was not able to finish before 7:30 and got the garbage over to the dumpster just as Ruth arrived. After the walk finished I finished taking everything down and putting it away until next year. On the way back to the house I stopped at Diane's to take a few pictures of her yards and sent her the pictures. 

Above is her front yard and below is her back yard.
She had called and I was explaining how the grass is still growing and the yards are nice and green. My next job was to head to Walmart to pick up prizes for the New Years Eve party. That will be held at the barn on December 31st and will start at 7:00 pm. ANYONE that would like to come IS welcome. Come help us ring in the new year! ALL are welcome and families are encouraged. Just bring a dish to share at the meal. We have plenty of room, fun games planned and the last meal of the year will be served at 10:00 pm.  Speaking of that meal after Walmart I drove to Sam's club and found they had prime rib roasts marked down, WAY marked down so I bought 2 of the biggest. When I got home some of the prizes were unloaded on the table.
The rest of the prizes were put down in the kitchen until I get some of these wrapped. The second pickleball net arrived. Anna and Phil's family brought it over when they came to play basketball so now we can have two teams going at the same time. Our airbnb guests left some nice surprises and left the apartment nice. They sent a text that they will be back. It is nice to have repeat customers.  Mark helped move a bale into the last paddock. Lea and Thalia were moved over, they started eating on the bale then realized the back gate was open and ran all the way back to the middle paddock. They still have a bale in that paddock but I was hoping they would stay over in the far paddock, it is not near as muddy. With the amount of rain we have had the middle paddock is pretty muddy. Thaila has another abscess on her neck. This is the 3rd one. Dr. Hoerr doesn't seem to be worried about it. I'm not sure what is causing them but will keep an eye on it. It isn't terribly cold outside but seemed cold inside. I got a fire going in the living room wood burner to take the chill off. Nice to have an abundance of wood.





No comments:

Post a Comment