Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Just Like camping

 Mark and Mike joined Ruth, Diane, Joan and I on the walk. It was determined that Mike would haul Dancer, Titus and Sally out to Middle Grove leaving just the 2 stallions and Lea here. When we reached the farm I took Dancer, Diane led Titus and Mike brought Sally. Joan shut the gate behind them as the last one walked into the trailer.  Mike left for Middle Grove. He reported Sally and Dancer jumped out of the trailer and took off. Titus wasn't comfortable going out the side door so Mike opened the back door. He jumped out of that and took off at a run to catch up with them. 

I left to get ready for Berean, Ruth left for work so just Joan and Diane finished the walk.  I was over at mom's to pick her up a little after 8:00 am. If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. We were home before noon.  Rhonda and Tara came by first. They had dropped off Christmas centerpieces for the tables to be used for the Meister Christmas. Right after that Kari arrived with 3 of her boys and one of Tara's boys. They all came in to say hello to great grandma. 
When Karin arrived I left for Diane's office. We had 5 months of check book reconciling to do and that wasn't fun. I always think I can remember who bought what foal but that is not the case. We were also missing August's statement. Diane called the bank and they emailed that so we could keep working. By the time we finished it was after 4:00 pm. The good news is we still have money in the bank, the bad news is we still have a Friesian foal at the vet clinic hospital and have no idea what the bill is going to be. I stopped at the post office before going home to pick up a couple of packages. For supper I just threw together a pizza and we ate it in front of the fire.
Just like camping. After supper we loaded up with wood. I have both wood burners going and am determined to get this house warm before heading to bed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment