Friday, June 14, 2024

The Night of Worship

 We had a beautiful walk, the storm gave us a half an inch of rain which was very welcome and the morning dawned bright and clear. The lake was still with a beautiful reflection so much so I stopped walking to take the 2 pictures below.


After the walk and after breakfast it was time to get the barn ready for the Night of Worship. The fruit was washed and arranged in a big platter.
I ended up making 2 and at the end was glad I did. Both were put in the fridge.
I also cut up a big watermelon and put that in a bowl in the fridge to cool down. During the event Diane saw the watermelon was quickly eaten so she cut up the second one. She came in while I was working with a gift and everything needed to hang it.
Next Sarah's girls came in straight from VBS to change into their swimming suits.
Sarah's girls joined Taunya's and  Anna's children swimming.
Today was a perfect day to stay in the water, it was over 90 degrees.  People started arriving around 6:00 pm but Mark and I didn't get over to the barn until 6:15 pm. Below are a few pictures of the night.




We kind of ran out of parking and there must be a more efficient way to get more cars in the lot I just have to figure out how.
The front of the building wasn't used so maybe we can encourage some to drive around the building to park. Most of the family parked at the playground which helped. I videoed some of the music until my phone battery dropped down to 10 % then stopped but thankfully saved enough that I was able to get most of Rebekah's story. I missed the first part where she told why she was taking him to the pediatrician. That was she saw bruising on Micah and knew he had not been abused. 
The video of the some of the music is posted below: 
This group: The Church Has Left the Building. Started during the pandemic when churches were closed. This group found a way to still worship when the buildings were shut. Each month they pray about where to meet and for June they decided to honor Hanna City and what an honor it was to meet many who just want to Praise the Lord!
 Tonight really was a blessing and I was so thankful for all who came to Praise Jesus, our Lord. 
 










.


No comments:

Post a Comment