Saturday, June 22, 2024

Extra Work

 Early this morning the foaling apartment booked for today. The guests staying thought they would be out by 10:00 am but I was due at mom's at that time. I sent a text to Anna but they had basketball games today with Taegan and Kensley but she offered Braelyn's help. Next I called Ruth to see if she would stay at mom's until noon. She was glad to do that. At 10:00 am Braelyn was picked up and then we waited. Meanwhile the people that booked for today thought they could come right away and were disappointed when I explained it would need to be in the afternoon. I was reasonably sure we could have it done by noon but just to be safe told them to come at 12:30 pm and they were happy with that. While Braelyn and I were waiting I got a notice that Pat and Darlene wanted to come check out the Little Guy camper. We had just started on the apartment when they arrived. I was showing the camper when our hipcamp guest came walking up asking for help. One of his slideouts would not slide back in. Mark, Mackenson, Pat, Darlene and I tried to help him push it in while he ran the motor but it would not budge. The owner asked if he could use Mark's little Kubota to push it in but that wasn't strong enough to make it move. I took the bale spear off of the skid steer, put the bucket on that along with a saddle blanket and again we went to work. 

That worked!  The owner was so relieve he came over and gave me a big hug. By this time it was almost noon. I went running in to help Braelyn with the apartment but she had finished it and it was ready for company. I just had a load of sheets in the washer and that was put in the dryer. From there Mark, Pat and Darlene rode over to the barn and sat down to visit. I sent a text to Ruth asking if I could be a little late as I didn't want to run off without saying good by to Pat and Darlene. They were our neighbors when we lived in Pleasant Home on Baer St. I made it over to mom's by 12:30 pm. Ruth was cooking lunch for mom so we had a short visit then she left. The flowers on mom's deck are beautiful.
We were watching the birds and enjoying the flowers while eating lunch. 
Only then did I remember that last load of laundry was still in the dryer. Braelyn sat with mom while I took the golf cart back to the apartment to grab the laundry and by the time I got back Karin was home.  I took Braelyn home made Mark a late lunch 
Once he was eating I went back to the barn to start the laundry there. We had 5 loads to do of towels and bedding. I was able to use my machines here at the house and the barn machines but wasn't able to get everything done by the time Kinga arrived to set up for the birthday party today. She was fine with me popping in and out to finish the laundry that was in the machines there. Diane called from Middle Grove, they had searched all of the pastures but finally found the herd in the winter pasture.  The gates had been left open. Diane said all the water around the round pen had dried up so the horses went to the winter pasture for water.  There is still lake access in the summer pasture and also in the original 76 acres but they just really enjoy that winter pasture.  They made sure Lily's colt was with the herd and fine.  Some of the sheets were hung outside to dry and I couldn't help but admire the fragrance coming off the flowers here.
The breeze was perfect for drying but also making the flowers sway.
I need to rest a bit before I start on this house. There was a lot of extra work today. 









No comments:

Post a Comment