Wednesday, June 12, 2024

4 for 4

 I stayed up last night until 11:00 pm finishing the last book of the Mark of the Lion series by Francine River. It was worth staying up for but morning came awful quick. I had to start work at 7:00 am, first to unhook the 2 horse trailer and hook up the 4 horse then back that into the indoor arena. Next was to bring Lily, her colt, Sheena and Rosaleigh into the stall barn. Each got a half of scoop of grain in a bucket once in the stall and all were happy. Mike showed up with Dancer, Mika and Blueberry. Dancer was tied to the trailer while Blueberry and Mika were put in with Irish. Then it was time to start loading. Lily and her colt were loaded first, the colt was moved in front of Lily then Sheena brought in to stand at the left side of the trailer. The middle divider shut then Rosaleigh and Dancer were loaded at the same time in the back. It is so nice to have such well behaved horses. Hunter arrived just as I was getting ready to leave. Mike asked if I needed help at the vet clinic and offered Hunter for that. I was VERY glad for the help. Below we are getting ready to pull out. 

The drive went fine and we were on time at 8:15 am but there was another horse in the stocks so we had to wait for Dr. Hoerr to finish with that one. Rosaleigh and Dancer were taken out first with Rosaleigh first in the stocks.
We are thrilled to announce she is pregnant. She was bred to Evan and is due April 23rd, 2025.
Rosaleigh was led out the front while Dancer led in from the back.

Dancer is also pregnant. She was bred to Pablo's big Friesian stallion Mafia and is due May 5th, 2025.
Those 2 mares were tied to the side of the trailer and Sheena brought out the side door leaving Lily and her colt still locked in the front of the trailer.
Sheena is also confirmed in foal. 

She was bred to Evan and is due April 30th, 2025. Hunter tied her next to Dancer and Rosaleigh while Lily and her colt were brought in.

Lily is also pregnant. She was bred to Valiant and is due early May 2025. Happy we were 4 for 4 this morning. As Lily's colt is sold I asked Dr. Hoerr to do the coggins test on him. He stood very well for that.

These 2 were taken out to the trailer and loaded in the front. Hunter was with them when I started bringing Sheena in and saw that Lily had turned around and was facing the back. I told Hunter she would need to be turned and just then Sheena decide she needed to load, jumped in the trailer knocked me into Lily who immediately threatened Sheena only I was between then. I'm pushing Sheena back and she isn't budging. I threw her lead rope to Hunter and yelled, "move her back." He put his muscles to use and as soon as she moved a tiny bit away I was able to get out from under Lily, grabbed her and turned her around then brought Sheena up front. After that mess of course I had to tell Hunter,  "I surely didn't need any help this morning." The real story was before I even loaded I had been praying for help and wondering if I could ask Berlica. When Hunter agreed to go I was so relieved. I told him after that he really was an answer to my prayer. Below Hunter is loading Dancer and Rosaleigh. We had no more drama and I am thankful.
When I went into the vet clinic to pay there was a girl there with her duck waiting for Dr. Hoerr. 
One NEVER knows what is going to show up at that clinic. Below Dr. Hoerr is examining the duck.
We made arrangements to meet Mike at Casey's so Hunter could start helping him on the well at the cabin field. From there the horses were taken to Middle Grove. I backed into the summer pasture lane then brought Sheena out the side door, took her halter off, jumped in the side door to take both Lily and her colt's halter off and then watch them jump out of the side door.

Those 3 didn't take off like I expected instead they waited around while I got the halters off the next 2 then opened the back door of the stock trailer.

They still didn't run like expected instead they were busy eating the grain heads off the tops of the grasses.
I couldn't leave until they left as the gate couldn't be shut until the truck and trailer were moved. Below is a short video of them enjoying the grass and grain heads.
By the time I reached Hanna City the truck was out of gas. It took 26 gallons to fill it.
Once I got back it was time to plant the tomato plants Rhonda gave us. We were not going to grow tomatoes this year but when Rhonda had some volunteer plants come up and offered to give them to us I couldn't resist. The boxes were dug up then 2 loads of dirt brought down using the small Kubota.
As long as I was digging in the dirt the plant Jeanette Hoerr gave me was also planted. 
Berlica was mowing with the grass hopper while Mackenson was using the push mower.


Mark wanted my help with the gate post he was putting in at the back paddock. He just wanted to make sure it was level and not push too far. 
Jewel came down to watch then followed us as we went to get another bucket of gravel.
My next job was to drive to TSC to pick up 4 of the 50 pound salt blocks for the paddocks then to Aldi to pick up some groceries.  When we got back I thought I would relax the take a shower when Mark was done with his but instead got a text that someone was wanting to come to see if the barn would work for their wedding. I took the golf cart over got the 3 bathrooms cleaned, the dishes from Sunday put away and some of the floor swept. The hardest job was the bouncy house. The air had been removed but it was upside down and the floor mat had been put inside. I had to get that floor mat out before the house could be folded up. Today is our 47th anniversary and this morning Mark gave me a card and a gift certificate for Texas Roadhouse. We were supposed to leave around 4:00 pm for that but cleaning the barn made me late. When we arrived it as already very busy and we had to wait. The meal was worth waiting for.
One distressing thing that happened today is with mom. This happened suddenly but she can't hear. Aunt Jinnie called and mom could not hear her even on the speaker. Joan tried to clean out her ears but that didn't help. Joan made an appointment with Peoria ear nose nd throat clinic but the first available they had was for July 3rd.  Please pray that mom's hearing could come back. 






No comments:

Post a Comment