Saturday, June 15, 2024

Barn Fridge

 I didn't sleep much last night, my mind wouldn't shut off. Each time I would look at the clock I would think just 3 hours until 5:00 am, then just 2 hours before 5:00 am and the last time I checked it was 4:30 am. Mark got up before the coffee maker was finished but I made myself wait in bed until I was sure it was done. Mark went for a walk but I gathered the supplies needed for the barn, drove over to drop that off and to get my plan for the day. Breakfast was ready before Mark got back from the walk but then I found out why it was extra long, he was sweeping the gym floor. Rachel and David arrived while I was working in the barn. David started cleaning the bathrooms in the hallway while Rachel started on the Master bath. By 10:00 am all the cleaning was done. The bouncy house was set up and the pickle ball nets placed. The guests coming into the barn arrived shortly after 2:00 pm. They brought ten 10 year olds a few younger children and 3 or 4 couples for a birthday party and are staying the night.  Anna arrived to clean the apartment but those guests hadn't left yet.  They told her at 11:09 am they were checking out but it was 11:40 am before they actually left. I brought the laundry down to my place as we have extra's of everything at the apartment.  Those guests arrived this afternoon. Then around 3:00 pm the Hipcamp guests arrived. They came in a 15 passenger van. It is a couple with 10 kids and 2 dogs and they are tenting. They have some biological and some adopted but all seemed well behaved. I showed them the electrical outlets and where to get water then told the boys they could play on the hay.  This afternoon Mark wanted help replacing broken boards. 

We are usually not looking at the paddocks from this side, it was just funny to me to see those 3 Thoroughbred mares with their skinny rear ends.
Below is a short video of how easy those boards can be replaced with the impact drills.
On the way back to the house I had to stop and smell the Hydrangea flowers. They put out a wonderful fragrance.

This afternoon I sat down to read and fell asleep not waking until it was time to cook supper. This evening the barn refrigerator stopped working. I took the big cooler over and had 2 big bags of ice to use. When I arrived they had the fridge pulled away from the wall and had unplugged it. There is plenty of room in the deep freeze and they were glad for that and the rest of their food and drinks easily fit in that huge cooler. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment