Monday, June 17, 2024

She HEARS

 Another hard to wake up morning. I really have to stop going to bed so late. It was already hot on the walk, so hot that when we reached Joan's house Ruth felt dizzy and had to sit a bit. That gave us time to admire Sarah's flower garden.

Joan's kids gave her a work day for her mother's day gift and Sarah dug up all the plants in this garden, changed the dirt and planted all new flowers. Bill and Bethany joined us on the walk as did Mike and Mark. We stopped at the cowboy cabin where Diane showed us the path she mowed going down to the trails  Below Bethany is pointing out some fallen logs she wanted moved.
Bethany and Bill helped Mike move the logs and threw them into the woods on the other side of the path. Bill and Bethany, and their children were leaving this morning for home. We are always glad when they come for a visit and a little sad when they leave. Right after the walk Mark and I moved the Little Guy Mini Max camper out of the barn and plugged it in. This morning I had mother and daughter come to see that. They really liked it and the wife wants to bring her husband out to see it. We will see if that happens, they are currently camping in a tiny tear drop camper that just has room to sleep in. Mark went out to start moving manure while I worked inside in the barn. I was a little discouraged as I found broken pickle ball paddles and broken wiffle bats. The upstairs had ground in dried icing on the floor that would not sweep up. Tomorrow I'll need to bring hot water up there and scrub it. The laundry was put way and the beds made up. We have another group coming in on Thursday. While I was working I could see Mark spreading manure in the field. 

It was really hot outside and by noon we were both exhausted and came in to rest in the air conditioning. Three 6 foot black Lifetime folding tables had been delivered to our house with my name on them. They were a gift donated by a family member for the barn.  I know who it was as she was helping me set up for the night of worship and I was explaining my old white folding tables were from the days of the Horse Fairs and shows and back then they didn't have black.  What a wonderful gift. Anna and the girls arrived to clean the foaling apartment. That is also rented on Thursday. After finishing that they went swimming at the lake to cool down. At 4:30 pm it was 95 degrees outside. Mark and I left for the Bartonville diner and shared a senior walleye meal. That came with 2 sides, the vegetable of the day which was corn and bread. We each got a salad and a large delicious hunk of fish. The cost including tax was just under $11.00 and I left a $ 3.00 tip. Not bad for $7.00 each, I didn't have to heat up the house by cooking nor did I have to clean up. From the diner we drove across the street to Kroger where I picked up some pecan sticky buns for the  Berean workers tomorrow while Mark filled his car with gas. The last stop was just down the road to shop at Aldi's so Mark could pick up a few things he wanted. We were home before 7:00 pm. Mark watched the Chosen tonight while I finished a book from Eunice. 
Diane and Ruth took mom to the ear nose and throat clinic. They were able to clean out her ears and it is like a miracle, mom can hear again.  She had to live 6 days deaf and told us now she knows a little how it is with Jonathan. We are so thankful the hearing loss was not permanent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment