Sunday, June 23, 2024

Power

 What a strange night. A storm came through after midnight then we lost electricity then at 1:34 am my phone rang. I heard it but didn't wake up, it rang a second time and again I didn't wake up but the 3rd time it rang I got up to check who was calling. Mike's name came up and I panicked, my first thought was the storm must have taken out a fence and the horses are on the road, then I thought it might be about mom. I quickly hit the call button. Mike answered with "yes." I asked, "what's going on?" He replied, "you called me I don't know." When I explained he called at 3:34 am he told me his phone was on the floor and there was no way.  The next number that came up was my airbnb guests. She had called twice so I dialed her number and she replied, "we have no power." I explained the entire neighborhood was out and asked if she wanted me to bring her some lanterns. She told me no, she had her phone and there were battery operated lights in the apartment. I headed back for bed and was just climbing back in when she called back and asked for the lanterns. Those were taken up and finally by 2:00 am I was back in bed. Mike decided as they had guests both in the cowboy cabin and in their downstairs he needed to get the generator going only that was down at the creek so he drove his 4 wheeler over to get the Kubota, drove that down to the creek loaded the generator, brought it back up and hooked it up so they could all have power. Mark turned our generator on around 5:00 am so I could get the coffee going. He went out to pick up tree limbs while I made breakfast. We left for church just before 9:00 am to pick up Rhonda first then Braelyn.  Molly, Rhonda's daughter brought Nancy to church and we all just had to laugh at what she was wearing. I asked Braelyn to hold Nancy's hand so I could get the picture below. 

Those bright pink shoes just make the outfit. At least these were covering her unlike last week's dress we threw away. Mike Kaisner had the morning message on Joshua and Judges, click HERE to watch that. We had the strangest lunch EVER in the Peoria church.  Our IT guy asked everyone to get on the church's wifi at 11:30 am they needed to see if we had enough bandwidth to service everyone during the conference this August.  Hannah and Jacob had their new baby girl Chelise in church for the first time. Berlica brought her over so we could admire that beautiful baby girl.
The afternoon message was the Spring Memorandum.  After church we swung by the foaling apartment but our guest was still there. She explained her father was picking her up in a few minutes. That gave me time to peel the potatoes for our supper tonight. When I did get up there she had it pretty clean but had purple stain on the bedspread. That was taken down to the house to treat. Dinner was at the barn. After dinner we all headed over to the lake. The kids wanted to swim while the adults played volleyball or visited together.





Below is a short video of some of the fun.
Spark and Rhonda took Nancy home. I had someone message they wanted to see a video of the Little Guy Mini Max. They got on Marco Polo so I could show them everything. They would like to come down next weekend to check it out. Mark had the Chosen on when I got back and we just finished watching that. What a tear jerker. I'm really tired tonight so will head to bed now. Thankful for power and not just power from the electric company.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment