Saturday, June 8, 2024

Fun Filled Saturday

 It was hard to wake up this morning but when I did I was pleased to see we were getting some rain now that all the hay is safe in the barn. The check was written out to Bryan for the mowing, raking and bailing and mailed this morning. It is a good feeling to have a barn full of paid for hay.  I was due at mom's by 9:30 and was surprised to see them still eating breakfast. After mom finished her hair was brushed. Her hair is much thicker than it used to be and goes up easy. 

The orange halves for the Baltimore Orioles was empty of grape jelly and full of ants. I had ant spray on my golf cart so sprayed down the banister and around then got a new orange out. 
As soon as Karin came home I left to go make a late lunch for Mark. Sarah and Nolan arrived right after that to take their girls riding on Cookie. We had a lot of fun this afternoon.





We started in the round pen then moved to the outdoor arena and then finished with a fun trail ride around the fields over to Joan's,  to the playground and finally home. The girls were feeding the horses grass when Lily's colt came up for some and each picked grass to feed him, even River. That colt is so tall he can reach over the gate to get the treat.

Next came the fishing. Nolan's first cast out caught a huge bass that jumped way out of the water twice as he was fighting to bring it in. I didn't have the phone with me so no pictures or video of that. The girls had fun  pulling in big and little bluegills. 


Below is a video of them riding Cookie, feeding Lily's colt and fishing.
I needed to leave about then to help Mark with the fence between Evan's pasture and the mare pasture. We had one wire down. Evan was watching as Mark worked on that.
Evan got bored and decided to roll.
I bought some books on Ebay, the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers and started on book one last night. It is good and I really want to finish it so will probably stay up late to do that. 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment