Saturday, June 1, 2024

Anticipation

 At 7:00 am the mares were put out then Titus walked to the round pen for pictures and a short video. He did very well leading and really didn't do anything wrong both leading to the round pen then hours later leading back to the paddock. Below are a few pictures of him. He is 22 months old and really is beautiful, tall and has good movement. His mane is thick and long. He should end up with a mane like his sire Evan.



From there I was going to clean the bullet proof windows at the barn when Ruth arrived so instead went for a walk with her.  We just did one round. I really did have a lot to do this morning before going over to mom's. The bird feeder was busy at mom's today, lots of finches, gold finches and house finches were enjoying the black oil sunflower seeds. 

Aunt Jinnie called to read to mom so I ran over to the barn then and washed those 2 windows.  When Karin got home the horses were put away. I had just finished bringing lunch over when Braelyn arrived. The rest of  her family were in Bloomington at a basketball tournament so Braelyn walked over from her house to ours. We were glad to see her. I needed Mark's help to move 2 round bales into the middle paddock. Someone had to keep the horses from running out while the bale is being moved in.
As soon as the second bale was put in, Lily's colt came up first to start eating it.
Missy was taken over to the cabin field to be with Dancer and Mika as the 3 of them are going out on a trail ride tomorrow.  At 2:00 pm I met the lady who rented the barn for June 20th-22nd for a girls retreat. The lady in charge brought her family with her and they all loved the barn. The family would like to be here for the retreat so I gave them all a golf cart ride over to see the other airbnbs. They loved the cowboy cabin and decided to book that but when she tried to book it found out those dates were not available. Diane already had that rented. Instead she booked the foaling apartment. They were also shown the trails and they were pretty excited about those too. One thing they would like to do is have the girls do a service project for someone in need and asked if I knew of anyone or anything that needs to be done. There are 15 girls coming plus counselors, cooks and helpers.
At 4:30 Braelyn, Mark and I left for the Bartonville diner. When we pulled up there was a fancy purple car in the parking lot.
I was surprised that who ever owns that car would eat here in Bartonville, why they should be able to afford a real fancy place like Gils Supper club in Hanna City.
Mark and I shared a senior dinner while Braelyn chose to order a breakfast. Below is after all the plates are completely empty. It was so good we ate it all. 
The bill came to $20.00 for the 3 of us IF we were paying with cash or $21.04 if paying with a credit cart. Next time I'll bring cash. Braelyn was dropped off at home as her family had made it home. This evening the Keurig coffee machine was finally replaced. It never really worked right. From the very beginning we could not get a full pot of coffee so I bought the reusable k-cups and sometimes that works and sometimes it will over fill the cup so bad we have to keep a second cup ready to put under. We can manage that but every time we lose electricity we would need to reset it and that is so confusing that I would need to watch a youtube video each time. Tonight I gave up and brought a coffee maker over from the barn. I had purchased 2 brand new ones for the barn but had only ever used the 1. If I end up needing 2 there I can always bring this one from home. It is now loaded and programed to have a hot pot of good strong coffee ready for us by 5:00 am. Almost makes me want to go to bed now so morning comes quickly. The anticipation already has my mind humming. I'm not addicted, nope not at ALL.






No comments:

Post a Comment