Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Irish & Rosaleigh

 I left for Casey's to pick up donuts at 6:30 am for the Berean volunteers. When home I ran up to check the mares. Titus was in his shelter enjoying breakfast. 

As I had no phone I stopped in early at mom's to see if she would like to go to Berean. Mom was still sleeping but Karin was willing to ask her then text Diane to let me know. While there I had to stop and smell the roses. Mom has some beautiful knock out roses along with other flowers. 




Joan didn't walk today as she went garage saleing.  When we got to her house Kabur came out from under a camper to join us but we no longer let him come.
Ever since his stroke he struggles to keep up but insists on walking in front of us and weaves back and forth and we try not to run into him. Mark was willing to hold him back while the 3 of us girls got a head start. We cut the walk short. Mom and I didn't get to the Berean office until close to 9:00 am and when we arrived the mail had already been opened. We still found plenty to do to keep us all busy.





We stopped at the Hanna City post office on the way home to drop off the Bibles. Mark had both Mackenson and Berlica weed whacking paddocks with him this afternoon. They got a lot done.


We had just sat down for supper when I got a notice that the campsite rented for tonight through hipcamp. Mark and I ran up to the barn, me to move the motorhome over as we wanted them to drive through the barn and Mark had some diesel fuel he wanted put away. The picnic table was moved inside as we are expecting storms tonight.

Berlica and Mike decided to take Irish and Sally out on the trails. This is the first year Irish has not had a foal by her side in 4 years and she hasn't been ridden for 2 years so it was time to get her going back under saddle. She and Sally were taken over to the cabin field for tacking up.
Below Mika, Dancer and Blueberry stood watching.
Mike decided to get on her first just in case she thought of bucking.


She did better than expected when Berlica mounted up, standing quietly while waiting for Mike to get up on Sally.
Rosaleigh wasn't happy when Irish left the paddock and was waiting at the gate for me to take her over too.
When I didn't she showed her displeasure by running and bucking.



She is a gorgeous mare, I took a few pictures and placed them on the website. Below is just a short part of their trail ride. Since I didn't have the phone I had to carry the heavy camera and it was just too bouncy to hold it very steady.
After the trail ride Berlica and I went back on the trails to find the whip and a lead rope I lost while bouncing around following them. We came across a painted turtle laying her eggs over by where Mark splits the wood.
When I came up the dam hill I saw Joan's, Diane's Rachel's and Karin's vehicles all parked at mom's and that means they were in playing games.  It really is great living out here with extended family. There is always someone around to play with.
They got done with the trails at the very same time our campers arrived. They came in with a HUGE motorhome pulling a jeep. As we have storms predicted tonight I told them they could park inside the indoor and they were glad to do that. They brought along one grandson and 2 yellow labs.
As we are expecting storms tonight they decided to turn their rig around tonight and then park in the indoor ready to pull out in the morning.  I took Berlica home on the golf cart and when I reached the playground saw the 2 geese familes up grazing by the playground. 
There are 11 goslings between the 2 families and they seem to blend well together. All 4 of the parents keep watch over the goslings.
We have been hearing rumbles of thunder this evening and the rain started a few minutes ago. Hope we get a decent amount and then stops as the farmer is coming tomorrow to cut the hay. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment