Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Madiera's Filly

 I have a good system with feeding Soul's orphan colt each morning. He is getting 6 quarts at 6:00 am, 6 quarts at 2:00 pm and 7 quarts at 9:00 pm. Each time I arrive he has emptied his bucket.  I also have grain in a bucket that he is nibbling on and each time he is given a flake of hay.  Hopefully he will start eating the grain and hay better and not need quite as much formula. He is growing like a weed and seems to be thriving.  It took a little longer this morning doing the feeding and I ended up needing to drive the car to the walk meeting place. Diane was already there waiting. Ruth couldn't come this morning. Joan joined us and told us about her trip to Bluffton. After the walk I got the laundry started then drove to Kickapoo to see Madiera and her filly. Below are a few pictures from that trip. The filly is darling and has been handled since birth. She is very friendly.



She ran around showing off then slid to a stop and flopped down for a quick nap. 
One of the dogs that live there came over to check out her ear. She tolerated that well. Tyler Joos was there trimming hooves and Madiera got her hooves trimmed too.
I had to tell him the funny story of how I thought he was coming to my place and Tyler Jones showed up. I was needed at mom's by 11:00 am so left there at 10:30 am and drove straight to mom's to relieve Beth.  Mom wanted to work on taking the stems off the strawberries the kids had picked earlier.  We tried a couple different ways until we found one that worked. She was able to grip the knife in her left hand then pick out a strawberry from the bowl, bring it over and cut off the stem.
She was able to finish the entire bowl.
Mom is determined to find something she can still do. Dan arrived with Diesel then a bit later Rachel walked in with a delicious cake. Around 1:30 pm I was able to leave, changed my laundry machines, mixed up another batch of milk then took it up. He is very enthusiastic about his milk.
My grandson's birthday party is tomorrow in Goodfield and he wanted the cotton candy machine at his party but the park doesn't have electricity so late this afternoon I made and bagged up a bunch of cotton candy. Tomorrow morning that will be delivered to his house then they can take it to the party. At 5:00 pm I started cleaning up the machine then jumped in the shower to clean  up myself. Tonight was family night at the fellowship hall and that started at 6:00 pm.  It was well attended and good to be there. Mike Waibel had the message. We got home in time to get the colt his last feeding of the day. 









No comments:

Post a Comment