Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Rocky Sold

 It was raining when we woke up this morning. The horses were fed in the rain. I was thankful that the bucket is now hung inside the shelter for the orphan colt.  Mike brought Sheena and Loxley over and put them in the indoor arena. There was no walk this morning because of the rain.  It was actually a cold rain as it was only in the 60's this morning. Young foals can't regulate their temperature but tolerate cold better than heat so Loxley was fine.  I headed in to Hanna City to get a video of Mike's sign only to find they had changed the sign from announcing Loxley's birth to some of the herd running. Diane posted the birth one yesterday so that was put on the earlier post today and I'm posting here the one for today.  She caught me taking the video. 

The check came in for Rocky so she gave that to me to deposit.  When I got back from the bank Rocky was marked sold on the website. He will be going to North Dakota. He will be missed greatly by the orphan colt but the plan is to have the two of them join the herd a few days before Rocky leaves. Below Rocky and Soul's colt are staring at Sheena and Loxley.


When the rain stopped Sheena and her colt were taken to the outdoor arena. They were so glad to get out and run. I didn't have my camera with me but had the phone so took the video of them running for the sheer joy of running with that. 

I also took a few pictures for the website and for when we get him registered. 


Rhoda and one of her friends came today to install all the fly catchers on the shelters.  They arrived as we were getting ready to leave for church. I'm very thankful for that job done.  Rhonda's brother Tom put them up last year and they really worked.  I had to stop at mom's before leaving for church to pick up the Bible studies that need grading from Berean. They had been left in mom's car yesterday.  They were taken to church and hopefully people will grade them, it was a pretty full box of them needing grading. David had the message tonight  below is that message on Psalm 72. 
 We were not very quick to leave church after it was over and got home late so the colt was fed a little late. He acted like he was starving but at 5:00 pm I ran up and gave him 2 quarts which he sucked right down to hold him off until I could get up there tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment