Friday, June 10, 2022

Rainy Day

 It was raining when we awoke but stopped in time for our walk.  Ruth surprised us bringing Fedi along.  I was very glad to see him. Now the other walkers would have to slow down as Fedi is still recovering from his hip replacement.  The morning was spent working on the website while listening to AC Central. How thankful I am for that service. Many of our churches are holding vbs this week and I was able to listen to a few of them. Around 11:00 am I left for the Aldi in Pekin. Last week I went to two different Aldi's in Peoria and was kind of shocked at how out of stock they were so was hoping the Pekin one would be stocked but no such luck. The bad news was I spent $140.00 on groceries but the good news was that I could easily carry them into the house there was so little. There IS a bright side to high inflation and low stock.  The rain had started back up again so I baked and cooked and provided a nice meal tonight for mom's house. Fried chicken, green beans, stuffing made with all kinds of goodies and biscuits with a Bavarian cream cake for dessert.  Mark also went shopping at Kroger and besides picking up some groceries also brought home a very colorful bouquet of flowers.

Lee won a free suite at the Normal Cornbelters that included 15 free tickets to the game.  It was a private air-conditioned suite so a bunch of the family went tonight. They sent back a couple pictures.

They had a great time. What a wonderful prize to win Lee and how nice you were to share the prize. Rhonda and Spark brought 3 of their young grandsons (Jake and Andi's) over as I was giving the orphan colt his formula. The boys had a ball playing on the hay.  I had not taken my phone or camera up to the barn with me so no pictures. We had a light rain most of the day but it didn't amount to a lot of rain, at least there wasn't much in the feed buckets to dump.


No comments:

Post a Comment