Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Did You VOTE?

 Up early enough to get everything done and even join the walk.  Yesterday I told the walkers I would not be joining them as there was a lot I had to do before leaving at 7:40 am for the post office. Everything that needed doing got done including the voting. I ran up to feed the colt, saw Oksana was up from the back field, pulled her out without her colt and got her covered, then finished feeding the orphan, ran down changed and was in the car waiting for Mark at 6:15 am to head in to Hanna  City to vote.  We were the only voters at that time but still had to wait a few minutes while a man was there fixing the tally machines. Today's voting was all done by paper, no corrupt machines were used. We made it home in time for me to unhook the horse trailer from the truck and drive the truck down to the house. Stephanie wanted me to bring Rizzy to the Berean office along with her food and water so that was loaded into the car then I headed to the meeting place.  Joan was back from Bluffton where they spent the weekend at family camp and told us how much everyone enjoyed it. I put Rizzy in the car and took off for the Peoria post office right on time, picked up the mail then stopped at Sam's to pick up a couple pies for the dessert today. They had fresh peach and cherry pies. I made it there by 8:30 am and Skip was already there with the computers on and the coffee made.  IF you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. I left a little early and dropped off the Bibles around 11:00 am then headed home as Mark and I were leaving for a small town near Terre Haute, IN to pick up a piece of equipment. A gallon of milk was mixed up for the orphan and as I was carrying it up to the paddocks I heard something running down our drive.  A small spotted fawn came running right down the middle of the drive.  There was no time to grab my phone for a picture. He ran into the side yard then ran into the field toward the new barn. I think he was frantically looking for mom as nothing was chasing him. My next job was to make a batch of chicken salad to pack for our lunch along with chips, crackers, carrots and watermelon, and two chilled bottles of water.  Two ice packs were put in the insulated bag then Mark was sent a text asking his eta.  He arrived home around 11:40 am and since everything was packed and ready we took off. The gps took us the shortest difference but not the easiest. We were on county roads that had hairpin turns and only room for 1 car at a time. Mark was determined to find another way home even it it took longer.  Ruth sent the picture below.

She took mom to vote and mom takes voting very serious. She was determined and got the job done. If my 90 year old mama can make it to vote so can YOU.  We stopped at Taco Johns when we got close to home and each of us ordered a taco salad. When we got off of 474 on airport exit we were stuck behind a convoy of army gasoline trucks.  
Are they hoarding gas?  Would our government do such a thing? Do they know something we don't? So many questions. As soon as we pulled in and unloaded 2 gallons of milk was mixed up and taken to the colt. His companion leaves tomorrow and I will need to figure out who would be best for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment