Wednesday, June 29, 2022

I'm NOT Hoarding

 The coffee helped this morning and I had a leisurely couple hours savoring it while doing devotions. Each morning I have at least 1 cup of coffee and let that kick in before starting my reading for the day.  Without coffee my eyes don't work well and neither does my brain and for that matter my body but with it I can face the day.  I'm not addicted at all and don't lie to myself either.  Gail told me after the pandemic hit that the one shortage people in Brazil really noticed was when coffee wasn't available. That was warning enough for me. When people were out searching for and hoarding toilet paper I was quietly buying coffee, BIG cans of coffee and not telling anyone else about that.

I currently ONLY have 4 full cans left of my hoarding and not really willing to share as the price has increased and the 51 ounce cans have shrunk.  Yep I guess I really am selfish but I justify that with, "Sure I have extra toilet paper to share". Not fun to be convicted on addictions. The colt was given his gallon of milk then I headed to the dumpster for our walk.  Just Diane, Joan and I walked but we quit just before 8:00 am as it was my turn to be with mom and Anna was dropping Taegan and Kensley off a little after 8:00. The morning was so beautiful that after breakfast we went out on the deck. Mom enjoyed watching Taegan and Kensley while listening to the birds sing.

Below are a few pictures of our morning.


We came in when it started heating up outside. Taegan had to try out mom's new exercise machine.
While Kensely tried out the lift chair. Great grandma has fun tools at her house.
Anna picked the girls up before lunch. At 1:00 pm Rachel relieved me and I drove home first to feed the colt a gallon of milk then to the Aldi in Pekin to get LOTS of groceries.  Karin gave me a list, Joan needed a few things and we needed food.  It was disappointing to see prices were even higher than last week. When will this inflation slow down. Today I spent over $160.00 at ALDI and didn't even have that much to carry in.  I was also shocked to find out they are taxing lunch meat at 9%  how do mom's with kids feed their family and why is lunch meat taxed at that rate?  Rocky was supposed to leave tonight for his new home. I sent a text and left a voice mail for the driver asking for an eta as I wanted to be able to go to church tonight but didn't hear back all afternoon.  I finally decided I just wasn't going to be able to go when the phone call came just before 6:00 pm that they would not be coming tonight but would try to be here in the morning.  I quickly got ready for church and made it with 15 minutes to spare.  David had the message tonight on Psalm 89. The message isn't up yet on AC Central. Once it is posted I will post it here.  I got home before dark and ran up 2 more gallons of milk for the colt. One interesting thing happened today. Earl called and has a 19 year old 14.1 hand quarter horse kid broke gelding he would like to bring out to be evaluated.  I called Joan and asked if her kids would be willing to ride him and try him out. Earl is going to be bringing him out next week some time. Once we see how well trained he is and if there are any bad habits I will know better how to price him and market him. At 19 he sounds perfect for younger children to learn on and show.  







No comments:

Post a Comment