Thursday, June 9, 2022

78 and Sunny

 We had a beautiful day weather wise. Sunshine 78 degrees and a light breeze. So many outside jobs were done today and not much inside work. Tomorrow morning will be exactly 2 weeks since we lost Soul.  13 days of mixing formula and washing buckets 3 times a day. My hands are now almost always clean.  I'm pleased with how he looks and perhaps tomorrow can take him out for pictures if the rain holds off.  I'm also pleased with how content he is with Rocky. We did our walk on double time or so it seemed finishing early.  Mark had someone wanting to see our heating/electrical/solar system today and that guy showed up just after 8:00 am so I went out with the camera and the video camera and brought Rosaleigh and her filly into the outdoor arena. I thought I had taken some beautiful pictures of her filly but knew the video didn't turn out. Rosaleigh would not trot off and the flies were bad. They were taken into the stall and fly sprayed down well then just put back. I figured at least I had pictures for the website even if the video didn't turn out. Madiera and her filly were next but they were taken right to the stall and sprayed down before heading to the outdoor.  Again I started with the still camera then switched to the video.  I was sure I had plenty of good pictures and was reasonably sure there was some video as Madiera and her filly just took right off enjoying the chance to run. Only after I got into the house and opened the camera to take the card out did I find the card was not all the way pushed in and there were no pictures.  I was right about both video's Rosaleigh's was terrible and Madiera's fine. Below is Madiera and Zena, her filly's video.

Mark, Faith and Mackenson were hard at work on setting the fence posts.

By this time they were needing water.  I took a few pictures of their work then brought them a jug of ice water with some cups. I was heading back to the house when I saw Jennifer and Kate arrive to handle Madiera's filly so went out to talk to them and tell them Madiera would love to graze if they wanted to take her out of the paddock.  We took them back into the outdoor arena, Madiera had fun grazing while Zena the filly put on quite a show for us.

She really loves Kate and would leave Madiera and follow Kate around.

We started laughing when Zena took off running laps around her mama.
If you would like to see the rest of the pictures of Zena click HERE. At noon I had to head back to the house to make lunch for the workers.  I had a seasoned rice and chicken dish cooking and it was hot and ready by the time they got into the house. That was served with salad and grapes and of course ice cream for dessert.  Mark and the kids went back out to work and worked until 2:00 pm.  I dropped Faith off at mom's to get the 4 wheeler.
 Mackenson was taken to his house. Spark and Josiah were hard at work splitting wood with Spark's snazzy invention.
He made the tool that hooks to the yanmar to lift the heavy logs.  Josiah would position the logs for the splitter.
From there I headed over to mom's. She and Joan were sitting out on the deck watching Rhonda play in the water with her grandchildren.
Those boys were having a ball.  Tommy Meister came over, fixed the pipe that was leaking on the 5th wheel camper then came to the house to replace our pressure reducing valve.
We have to get the water pressure down so the automatic waterers stop leaking. We just got another $233.05 water bill for the month.  Now that we have the water pressure down, hopefully we can get the leaking to stop. For supper tonight I made a big salad with chopped up rotisserie chicken on top along with some bacon and sliced almonds. It really was delicious. We are both tired after working outside almost the entire day. The last job of the day was to run the milk replacer up to the colt then wash buckets and as long as I had the  hot water going got the dishes done too.  The bed will feel good tonight.












No comments:

Post a Comment