Thursday, June 23, 2022

Free Range

 Teasing mares this morning Jewel is now in her foal heat.  I ran out of time though to try to get her covered this morning and decided to try this evening once it cooled down. My main job today was to go to Sam's Club where I stocked up on groceries needed for our camping trip. Karin found out I was going there and asked me to pick up 2 of these. 

These are so good they are addictive. I bought them but told her she was going to have to hide them and not to tell anyone I bought them. I needed to be back to relieve Ruth at 1:00 pm at mom's. Mom was sound asleep out on the deck in the zero gravity chair. We felt bad waking her but it was really too hot to stay outside so she finished her nap in the recliner inside. Ruth would like to take mom to Starved Rock on Monday and was able to purchase 4 tickets that also include a trolley, a boat ride and lunch. Diane and I will join Ruth and mom. Diane and Rachel came over at 3:00 pm. I left at 4:30 pm to come home and mix up a gallon of milk for the colt. He can suck down a gallon at a time now.  He gets a gallon in the morning, a gallon between 2-4 pm then 2 gallons at night.  At 5:30 pm I left for Marli's farm to pick up 8 dozen eggs.  Some of her chickens were in the front yard.
Her hens are free range and right now very productive. We are always glad for fresh free range eggs. 
At 8:30 pm it was finally cool enough to bring Jewel over but it was not a successful cover. Mike will need to help tomorrow morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment