Thursday, June 2, 2022

Doing Well

 Our coffee maker didn't work this morning.  I had to make coffee by pouring hot water over grounds then microwaving it.  Not easy to get working when there is not a decent cup of coffee. When Diane and I reached the playground for our walk all the chairs had been knocked over by the wind.  It almost looked like a tornado came through and of course we said, "we will rebuild!"

Joan and the kids got all the mowing down and everything looked great.
At 9:15 am I loaded up the cotton candy to take to Goodfield for Jace's birthday party.

I was hoping to be able to pick up the colt's formula in Goodfield after dropping off the cotton candy but the truck hadn't come in yet so will have to drive out again tomorrow. Sure hope it comes, I will need to open a new bag in 3 or 4 days and the truck only comes once a week.
Soul's colt's bucket was actually licked clean this morning at 6:00 am so tonight he was given more.  Today he was taken out to the paddock so I could strip his stall. He had so much fun galloping around using his legs but kept stopping and staring toward the other paddocks. I think he was hoping to see his mom. 
I took the video below of him galloping around.
It has been 6 days since he lost his mom.  He is doing well and eating well. This afternoon I finally got him to really enjoy his grain too so maybe I will be able to cut back the milk replacer a bit. Later this afternoon Joan, Faith, Beth, Karin and I played games at mom's out on the deck. Mom watched for a while then decided she would rather go inside and rest on the recliner. Mark stopped at Sam's club after his later estimate and the only coffee maker they had for sale was one of those expensive Keurig machines and he BOUGHT ONE. $170.00 it better last for years. The coffee makers lately haven't even lasted one year. This one is guaranteed for a year but at that price it better last for 10 years.  Thankfully it isn't just the 1 cup kind it will also make a pot. Mark programmed it so hopefully tomorrow morning we will wake up to fresh coffee. I'm still shaking my head at his decision. Maybe he was too afraid to face another morning with a grumpy wife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment