Thursday, June 30, 2022

Rocky Leaves

On our walk I stopped to check out Sheena and Loxley. Mike was a little worried that Sheena is losing weight but I think they look great. 

Loxley is getting tall and is very handsome. He loves scratches from Mike. I loved the early morning lighting in the picture below. Cookie almost glows in the sunshine.
I didn't hear from the shipper early so after the walk left for Sam's Club.  Now for the justification to the coffee hoarding. Below is a picture from today of the same brand, same medium dark, and instead of the 51 ounces (3 pounds 3 ounces) at $9:00 it is now $14.46 for 43.8 ounces (2 pounds 8 ounces)
When my coffee is gone I'll be switching brands to something from Aldi. What a bummer. I picked up a few more groceries and 2 more cases of water for our camping trip coming up in a week. Ruth was with mom and had her use the exercise bike so when I dropped off some groceries I took a short video of mom hard at work for Aunt Jinnie. 
Mom is determined to walk again and this just might help.
I made it home before the shipper called. He finally did call and was just 90 miles away. Rockaway was brought into the indoor and we practiced loading, unloading, leading and backing.
He did very well. We could hear Soul's orphan calling to him so Rosaleigh was taken out and give grain next to his paddock. Below is Tessa, Rosaleigh's filly by Evan.
She was watching her mom eat and not at all worried about being separated from her. Rosaleigh was put back in with the other mares then Rocky loaded and driven to the water tower. The HUGE semi truck and trailer arrived and just dwarfed my little 2 horse.
The opened side door of the trailer is where Rocky was going to be loaded.  We backed my trailer close to that door and the ramp was taken straight from the big trailer to my little trailer.
Below is Rocky waiting in my trailer. He was a little worried about walking down that narrow ramp with the drop off on both sides.
I was very proud of him, he trusted me and followed me in then was backed into the stall. Below the driver/ handler is getting ready to slide the stall door shut then Rocky would be untied.
He has a long trip to North Dakota.  There was another horse on the trailer.  The shipper told me the owners are paying $8000.00 to get him from Florida to his new home in Canada. I was glad Rocky didn't have to be alone. The truck was taken back, the horse trailer unhooked and the Salem FSX hooked up to the truck. Joan is taking that tomorrow camping at Jubilee. I'm so glad the trailers are being used this summer. That is why we purchased them. Since I was back Rosaleigh and her filly were put in with the orphan and the orphan fed milk. I wanted to see if they would stop him from drinking his milk if they were in with him but once they found there was milk and not grain in the bucket both walked away.
The back gate was opened so they can go into the pond pasture to graze if they want.  I couldn't let Rocky out back, Valiant hated him and if he hung around back Valiant would try to rush the fence. Rhoda and Lee had their meeting with the house inspector and walk through. Sarah and I drove up to join them and to check out the house. The inspector was Perry Kieser, Vonnie's son.
He did a wonderful job and I highly recommend him. IF you are wanting to buy a house have him look at it first.  Rhoda and Lee have a decision to make now but they have the information they needed to help with the decision. Mark beat me home but as soon as he finished supper went right back to work here working on his computer. He is swamped with estimates right now. AC central was checked and David's message on Psalm 89 is now up and posted below.
I took the short video below of the orphan colt drinking his milk tonight. He drank a little less than half but this formula is good for 12 hours so when he is hungry he will help himself. He always ends up with quite a milk mustache.















No comments:

Post a Comment