Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Going to the Birds

It was another morning that was hard to roll out of bed. Now that I'm older it takes a few days to make up for a night with little sleep. That happened Thursday night with Soul colicking then Friday I needed to get her buried, find formula for the colt, work with him for hours trying to get him to drink then hosting potluck.  I should have been rested up but the weekend was also busy and made busier with an orphan colt taking up a lot of time.  As I was heading to the meeting place for our walk I had to stop and smell the flowers and took a few pictures. Mark transplanted this from mom's last year.

This is a bush on our drive that smells wonderful.
The flowers below are not flowers they are actually grass.
There was a dead mole on the drive. It didn't look like it had been hit by a car so not sure what killed it.
There was no Berean today, we couldn't get the mail yesterday because of the holiday and Anna had asked me to watch the girls this morning. Anna ended up not needing me so right after the walk I left for Sam's club and after that Aldi making it back by 10:45 am. Beth was staying with mom and I needed to relieve her by 11:00 am.  Beth had mom on the deck and wasn't in a big hurry to leave so we sat out and visited. It was hot and humid but there was a good breeze and a little overcast which made it bearable.  Joan and her kids were all busy mowing. Joan came by with Doctor Who (her barred owlet) and some minnows and had mom feed him. 
After Beth left I served the rotisserie chicken from Sam's for lunch for mom and I. After lunch we went back out on the deck to watch the birds coming to the bird feeder. The video also shows one of the humming birds drinking the grape jelly out of the bowl.

We need to buy more oranges so the Baltimore Orioles will come back. They were coming but a little confused by the bowl. We saw a few red headed wood peckers and cardinals drinking from the bowl. At 2:00 pm I needed to head home to feed the orphan colt. Karin arrived in time so I felt free to go and was back within a few minutes.  I have a good system now.  At 5:00 pm Rhonda and Spark came to take my place at mom's. The owner of Onyx, Lily's 2021 filly by Valiant posted some beautiful pictures of her.
Her mane and tail are VERY thick and long.
I'm so pleased I kept this year's filly by Valiant. Onxy is beautiful. The lady buying Madiera's filly sent the picture below. 
They are so very pleased with her. I'm meeting them tomorrow to make it all official and remind them I need a name for her soon so she can be registered. I just got back from doing the last feeding of the day for Soul's colt. While up there I put his halter on and off a few times.  Tonight he was given 7 quarts of formula which should hold him off until morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment