Monday, June 13, 2022

Thankful For Air

 Mark started working before 7:00 am as the forecast was 95 degrees with an expected heat index of 105 degrees. And it reached both of those numbers today.

Mackenson joined him just after 7:00 and they worked for just couple hours getting quite a few of the fence post set. Mackeson also did weed whacking.  All of us came on the walk today but Ruth and I both quit just before 8:00 as I needed to be at mom's then and Ruth was needed at home.  Ruth told us that she and Joan took mom swimming yesterday.  Ruth used an old wheel chair, they took her to Joan's beach and used the ramp to get down the hill to the beach then just took the entire wheel chair into the water.  Mom was using a noodle but it didn't work as well as they hoped since mom was not able to use her left arm.  She wants to try again but with a tube. When I got to mom's today both she and Karin had already had breakfast so mom told me all about the swim.  Jessica came this morning to do some physical therapy on mom's left arm. 
When Anna arrived she and Anna started doing the cleaning of the house. Mom was settled in her recliner and with the girls there I was free to drive to Peoria to pick up the Berean mail then to Sam's club to pick up a few more items for the camp supper meal on Tuesday and the breakfast meal on Wednesday.  Mike put Sheena and Loxley in the indoor arena before work this morning to keep them out of the sun but when I got home from shopping it was really hot so they were both hosed down and put in the insulated stall barn with the industrial fan turned on to keep them cool.

This evening when it was finally cooling down a little I started walking up to the barn to let them out but stopped to take a picture of the 3 mares and foals in the pond pasture.
The middle paddock needed another bale so as soon as Sheena was moved in with the mares I moved in a bale.  Sheena went right over to visit Valiant. Loxley her colt is 9 days old today so tomorrow morning I will see if she will accept the stallion. It is now after 8:00 pm and I still need to take the milk replacer up to the orphan colt.  Each time I come inside I am SO thankful for air conditioning. 





No comments:

Post a Comment