Friday, April 15, 2022

The Cross

 At 6:15 am I took the car over to Joan's to feed the dog and cats and noticed Hannah's car there. Hannah and Jacob spent the night as Hannah is volunteering at mom's today and her sister Sarah tonight. Ruth, Karin and I had the day off.  Lee's grandfather's visitation and funeral service was this morning in Bloomington. Anna and I drove together to that. On the way home I had to stop for gas and stopped at the Sam's club there in Bloomington. The gas lines were long so I ran in to buy a couple items for mom's house. We didn't have to wait too long before it was our turn at the pump and I could only fit in 8 gallons so could have made it home but gas was 10 cents a gallon cheaper at Sam's. As soon as I dropped off Anna and the stuff for mom's house Mark helped get the golf cart loaded in the horse trailer and I left for Congerville to drop that off for repair. It was hard to stay awake on the way home so when I finally did get home instead of cleaning up the indoor arena I took a nap and slept hard for about a half an hour only waking in time to make dinner and get ready for church.  We were almost late to church. We went town way and got stopped by a coal trail on Farmington road.

We still made it to church in time but only 10 minutes early instead of the 15 or 20 we normally make it.  We ended up near the back and as people were coming in I noticed someone who looked like Sarah then realized it IS Sarah. She and Nolan got a baby sitter for the evening and came for Good Friday Service.  David had the message on the cross. 
When we got home from church Soul was brought inside a stall for the night. She isn't waxing but her udder was for sure more tight than yesterday.  She is on the foaling monitor tonight. 
Her due date is tomorrow so I'd rather be safe than sorry. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment