Friday, April 8, 2022

SO Much to be Thankful For

 We had another cold morning and today no walk.  Ruth had to take Fedi early to the hospital for his new hip scheduled for 9:30 am, Diane had to go in early and Joan was busy. I went out to the barn early to put Irish and her colt out in the pond pasture. I almost had enough time to get the indoor arena cleaned up from Irish and her colt staying in there all day yesterday and all night last night. I say almost as by 7:00 am Karin sent a text mom was up.  By the time I got there she was already at the table eating her breakfast of bran flakes and a banana. Karin left after breakfast and mom had settled down in her chair when Aunt Jinnie called. She did NOT make it home yesterday.  The weather was so bad that the airport in Newark was shut down, her plane was running out of fuel and landed in Hartford, CT. They were able to get more fuel but by this time the pilots had been flying to long and there were no other pilots available. Aunt Jinnie called some of our church people from Rockville, they arrived at midnight to pick her up but her luggage didn't get unloaded until 1:00 am. So thankful we have a church in Rockville. They kept her overnight and since they were in Connecticut Becky decided to drive from New Jersey up there and they could spend rest of the morning and afternoon visiting the friends and family that live there.  After mom settled down for a nap the house got quiet. It was at that point I heard a strange noise coming from what I thought was the log wall.  I just couldn't figure out what this could be, those walls are solid logs.  Take a listen.

After posting the video on Facebook some think it may be baby raccoons so the noise must not be coming from the wall, maybe from the attack. When Karin came home she asked if I would be going to Aldi any time soon and gave me a list. Since she was there I took off for Aldi. I hadn't told mom I was going and I guess mom didn't remember Karin was there. Karin was in the bedroom putting away a load of laundry when Mom dropped the chair remote,  was reaching for it then she realized she would not be able to sit back up. She remembered seeing Rhonda's car coming home, picked up her phone and said, "ok Google, call Rhonda."  Karin heard her say this and thought mom just wants to chat with Rhonda then heard mom say, "Rhonda can you come over and help me get back up?"  Karin came running out of the bedroom shocked. Rhonda must have been shocked to get that phone call and of course when Karin was telling me the story mom was laughing so hard I started laughing too.  I'm glad mom knows how to use Google. While I was at mom's today Mark spread gravel and put some in front of the apartment door. We have SO much mud around and have airbnb guests moving in today.  Speaking of mud we had snow this morning then rain then this evening more snow. None of it is sticking thankfully but that didn't help with the mud situation.  When I got home from mom's I spread the gravel by the door then brought Irish and her colt back inside.  Soul and Cookie were let out in the pond pasture.  Soul is due in 8 days and by looking at her udder not going to deliver tonight. They will stay much cleaner on grass than in a paddock.  Since Phil is working on the barn this evening and Anna has trivia night at her church she dropped the girls off at our house.  They made rice crispy treats first then while those were cooling started in on crafts.


Notice the flowers in the first picture?  Mark brought those home a few days ago and they still look amazing. 
When the crispy treats were cool enough they each got a couple.
Phil finished for the night and came in to go over the barn plans with Mark while I quickly made some supper for he and the girls. By the way along with being thankful for everything especially the plan of salvation, I am also thankful for the air fryer. It really cooks quickly. 






No comments:

Post a Comment