Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Not One but TWO

 Surprise on me, I really thought Soul was not going to deliver and yet around 3:30 am she delivered a HUGE dark bay colt. As soon as the colt was up and nursing I was moving them into a stall when Lily went down to start delivering.  By the time Soul and her colt were safely stalled, Lily's filly was born. 



I took the short video below but will get better pictures later once the colt is completely dry.
I grabbed fresh towels and started drying her off. Thankfully it was 47 degrees and wasn't freezing cold like the last two mornings.
She is a nice big filly although I left the barn before she was standing. Lily was doing a great job of cleaning her off and she was trying to stand when I left to make the announcement.
Better pictures will be taken later today once both foals are completely dry.
I went back out at 7:00 am to make sure Lily's filly was up and was shocked to see not only was she up and nursing she was trying to run around her mom. This filly is just over 2 hours old in the video below.







No comments:

Post a Comment